Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator

Article about: Please explain?????

Default This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator

Please explain?????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator   This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator  

This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator   This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator  

This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator   This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator
    P
    Many

Nothing wrong that I can see. Has an identical eagle to the piece I got out of the woodwork and Wellner is known for having more than one company logo/marking.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator   This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator  

?

This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator The Wellner stamp mark on your piece is not the style mark used by Wellner from 1934 to 1958. Please note photo

Quote by SteveR View Post
    This item was removed from the sales section because I was told it was fake from Moderator The Wellner stamp mark on your piece is not the style mark used by Wellner from 1934 to 1958. Please note photo
    there were several logos used by the company during the Third Reich. The logo referenced above is correct for Hard silverplated Alpaca but would be incorrect for silver-plated hollow ware:

Marks of European Silver Plate: XI. Wellner, Holland: an article on ASCAS: Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver website

Here are some other examples showing numerous markings:

Large Serving Tray by WELLNER from The New Reichskanzlei in Berlin

BrentsAntiques.com*Catalog

BrentsAntiques.com*Catalog

Time Traveler Militaria - WW2 German AH Platter

Reichskanzlei Plate - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

The piece that I got out of the woodwork that the vet brought back was marked AWS Silwello: August Wellner Söhne AG

William Kramer
    Last edited by all1knew; 07-08-2015 at 08:53 PM.

I have had several offers from both dealers and collectors on this tray. I am not worried about its authenticity. It came from Thomas Whittmann and has veterans providence to back it. This is a political issue with the forum. Has nothing to do with the piece. Enjoyed being a member here when there were more knowledgeable members. Good bye.

Which moderator have you got issues with? Have you spoken with other moderators about your concerns? I suggest you get in touch with Adrian Stevenson and tell him of your concerns, he is a very fair-minded individual. Nobody should be put in such a position that they feel they have to leave the forum just because of the actions of others.

I did send Sam a PM this morning to which I have had no reply.

People are human and mistakes can happen!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!