Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Julleuchter

Article about: Hello, can someone tell me if this is a real Julleuchter? (it is 21,5 cm height and 10 cm wide) I read that this is not the version made in Dachau, but in KZ Neuengamme where some 15000 of t

Default Julleuchter

Hello, can someone tell me if this is a real Julleuchter? (it is 21,5 cm height and 10 cm wide)
    I read that this is not the version made in Dachau,
    but in KZ Neuengamme where some 15000 of these were produced. A second model as it seems.
    Found some articles about these on the internet. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Julleuchter   Julleuchter  

Julleuchter   Julleuchter  

Julleuchter   Julleuchter  

Julleuchter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Julleuchter
    P
    Many

Looks good to me, but, naturally, with fired clay, unless it has a good solid provenance to it, it is extremely difficult-if not impossible-to determine an exact age. The lack of melted wax residue would make me lean towards a possible replica.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Funnily enough, I have seen one of these with a provenance in the last couple of days, I just cannot recall where (I have tried looking). All I will say is that from memory I think the one I saw was slightly darker in appearance, but as William states, clay is a naturally organic product that can vary massively from one item to another. No real help I know, but if this is big money with no solid provenance you may as well make one yourself for a "fiver" and not take the chance! Leon.

And the SS runes in the bottom of one of the feet are also no guarantee of authenticity. They did exist without them. I had one from a Dutch SS Sargent-straight from his estate that I picked up many many years ago, and it, too,had none on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."