Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

kantinegeld ss 1939

Article about: I bouth this coin in holland, is it real or repro? Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default kantinegeld ss 1939

I bouth this coin in holland, is it real or repro?

kantinegeld ss 1939kantinegeld ss 1939kantinegeld ss 1939

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kantinegeld ss 1939
    P
    Many

No good.

As usual, the fakers didn't even manage to get their grammar right. In proper German, it would have to be Kantinengeld.

?

prehaps is it dutch, I don't know ?

Quote by wesley View Post
    prehaps is it dutch, I don't know ?
    The term may work in Dutch (as far as I know, the words "Kantine" and "Geld" are spelt identically there), but still it's not Dutch, but faulty German: Why would an SS canteen's token be in Dutch?

Apart from that, there simply was no SS in Holland in 1939.

Another point to ponder on top of all that: These tokens frequently turn up on dealers' sites and in online auctions. (A Google image search will yield numerous examples of them.) They are always of the same type, with a 50 Reichspfennig denomination and a 1939 date. If they actually existed, one would expect to find examples with other denominations and from other years of issue.

Honestly, forget it.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-18-2014 at 03:04 PM.

?

ok thanks

sad bad.

Not to beat a year old dead horse here, but a quick perusal on eBay shows many sold for $50, and one (especially minty? ;-) sold for $360. Yes folks, you read it here! One fake SS coin, $360!!!

German SS Kantinegeld 1939 Xscarce Copper WW2 Nazi Era Germany Kantinengeld Coin | eBay

yeah, that screams fake

jpcollectables
    ?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Not to beat a year old dead horse here, but a quick perusal on eBay shows many sold for $50, and one (especially minty? ;-) sold for $360. Yes folks, you read it here! One fake SS coin, $360!!!

German SS Kantinegeld 1939 Xscarce Copper WW2 Nazi Era Germany Kantinengeld Coin | eBay
    It's crazy that this seller got (10028) positive and also no one negative?

Quote by jpcollectables View Post
    It's crazy that this seller got (10028) positive and also no one negative?
    It's not that surprising, really.

Buyers who purchase fakes believe them to be real (or else they wouldn't buy them in the first place).

So why shouldn't they give the seller positive feedback as long as the transaction and delivery go smoothly?