Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KL Buchenwald Table Knife

Article about: Hello guys, I have seen this KL Buchenwald table knife for sale. I have found these examples (3 PC'S SILVERWEAR FROM BUCHENWALD CAMP, German Reich Military Treasures) but they appear to have

Default KL Buchenwald Table Knife

Hello guys, I have seen this KL Buchenwald table knife for sale. I have found these examples (3 PC'S SILVERWEAR FROM BUCHENWALD CAMP, German Reich Military Treasures) but they appear to have a slightly different style and marks. What do you guys think?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Buchenwald Table Knife  
    Attached Images Attached Images KL Buchenwald Table Knife  KL Buchenwald Table Knife 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KL Buchenwald Table Knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: KL Buchenwald Table Knife

100% junk 4-th Reich item.

Most of these items are fake out on the market. It's pretty easy to just stamp whatever you want on a silver knife, fork, spoon..ect.

There are some originals out there...

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    100% junk 4-th Reich item.
    Thank you for your reply. Could you please tell me why.
    Thanks, Glen.

Because there were no such items in concentration camps. But if You belive it is the real item, feel free to buy it:-9

Because there were no such items in concentration camps. But if You belive it is the real item, feel free to buy it:-9
    I did not say it is real. I am here to learn which is why I asked!
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Cutlery and crockery were present in concentration camps. Examples are on display at the Buchenwald museum to name but one. Many fragments of crockery can also be found still at the site, as at Auschwitz-II, Birkenau. Perhaps you were commenting with regards to the prisoners not having utensils...? That of course, would be a different matter. I believe that Glen was probably trying to find out whether or not this particular piece was used by the staff, not the inmates.

Regards,

Carl

Well, I have never been in Buchenwald but I have been in Dachau CC. And this museum is also full of every kind on junk. Starting from Zyklon B canisters and ending with uniforms of the SS. What makes You belive this knife has anything to do with the Buchenwald CC? Only because there is a stamp "Buchenwald"?

The words "Rostfrei" and "garantie"..IMO say fake. Big difference from the Reichs chancellery and a KL camp in the use of utensils. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Personally, I do not believe that this is an original piece. Rather, a common copy.

Frundsberg, I did not say that I thought this piece originated from a KL. You incorrectly stated that no such items were present at KLs, and I merely pointed out that in fact, they were.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast