Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM China plates (U boat?)

Article about: Attachment 1405778Attachment 1405785Attachment 1405787Attachment 1405788 Plate with the green S&S E/M 1941 supposed to have been seen in plates recovered from a U boat?

Default KM China plates (U boat?)

Attachment 1405778Attachment 1405785Attachment 1405787Attachment 1405788
    Plate with the green S&S E/M 1941 supposed to have been seen in plates recovered from a U boat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM China plates (U boat?)
    P
    Many

Looks to be regular KM china, but as soon as a vendor adds a story about it being on a U boat they expect buyers to pay through the nose for it.

On the FB kriegsmarine Page when I first got it a wreck diver who saw plates exactly like this said the maker was different and he saw just a maker in a UBoat wreck off Virginia I believe. I’d have to research his information

Garandy,
    I'm not liking these pieces as being authentic KM pieces. Just my opinion though. Reasoning is the one with the blue eagle over the M looks to be hand drawn, at least the M does. The other with the red eagle is something I've never seen before. Usually the mess plates are marked with an eagle for the service (Heer, Luftwaffe, KM, etc) then a maker mark and a date (year) produced. I have seen ones without a date before however.
    I'm no expert on U-Boat items and no nothing about them. But I would assume the Uboat crews would use the same mess hall items as the KM? I'm not sure. I'm thinking they would some how be marked if they were for a specific Uboat. Anyway is attached a KM bowl from my collection that shows how most were marked for comparison. Again I know nothing of Uboats and how they were stocked with mess items. I'd buy the items and not the story. But these items I would personally stay away from. Just an opinion or course. Regards

KM China plates (U boat?)KM China plates (U boat?)KM China plates (U boat?)

In fact that S&S plate came from an older antiques dealer who had no idea what it was. The China maker is legit and on another board a wreck diver who recovered items from Uboats showed me one of the plates from a UBoat and I’m sure it’s good