Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine u-boot kopper plate

Article about: Hi all, Can someone please tell me if this is original ww2? It looks cheap made. THANKS, Greets Wesley

?

Default Kriegsmarine u-boot kopper plate

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me if this is original ww2?

It looks cheap made.

THANKS, Greets

Wesley

Kriegsmarine u-boot kopper plateKriegsmarine u-boot kopper plate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine u-boot kopper plate
    P
    Many

Wesley: If you are asking did it come off a WWII U-boat, the answer is no. It’s some sort of device for a Fellowship Association of U-boats from WWII. You might send the photo to the Deutsches U-Boot-Museum at Lange Straße 1, 27478 Cuxhaven-Altenbruch, Deutschland. The current director is Annemarie Bredow. You can write to her in English if you like. She will need to know the diameter of the device.
    My observations, for what they are worth, is that it appears well made, has sharp detail, and is probably die-struck. But your comment that it looks cheap has more weight than mine because you have it in hand. The feature that bothers me is the absence of a term like Traditionsverband U-Boote Fahrer rather than simply Traditionsverband U-boote. It is certainly from WWII because no postwar association would be allowed to have a swastika as part of its device. Dwight

?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi DRMESSIMER,

It is made of good solide copper.

(my comment that it looks cheap) is because I don't know many about kriegsmarine exotic stuf.
    For me the eagle looks easy(cheap) made.
    I have never seen a ww2 plate like this.

It can indeed be original ww2.

I will contact Annemarie.
    Thanks for the info.

GRTS,

Wesley