Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

Article about: Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a skull like this? I was told it could be from the Condor Legion campaign in 1936. It's 4" wide x 3.5" in length. It would ro

Default Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a skull like this? I was told it could be from the Condor Legion campaign in 1936. It's 4" wide x 3.5" in length. It would roughly fit in the palm of your hand. I was told the hook on the back most likely was added on later. No markings. And it weighs about 1 pound.
    I would appreciate any info or help you guys can offer me.
    Thanks!

Luke

Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

This appears to be for an Imperial German Hussar Busby...Field Marschall von Mackensen was known to wear one. I believe it was the Braunschweiger (Brunswick) Totenkopf Husaren...
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-18-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Default Re: Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

These big skulls are usually for pre WWI and WWI period Hussars busbys, but the quality looks a bit weak and it sounds like it is very heavy. Is it made of lead?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    These big skulls are usually for pre WWI and WWI period Hussars busbys, but the quality looks a bit weak and it sounds like it is very heavy. Is it made of lead?
    I don't have it on me so I don't know if it is made of lead. Will try to find out.
    Thank you, Jerry

Luke

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This is definitely for an Imperial German Hussar Busby...Field Marschall von Mackensen was known to wear one. I believe it was the Braunschweiger (Brunswick) Totenkopf Husaren...
    Glenn
    Thanks a lot, Glenn! I just saw a picture of him wearing one. The one in the photo looks different from this one but I'm sure there were many different ones. Right?

Luke

Here is a photo of von Makesen wearing his Busby Dwight

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?  

An original in this thread, worth looking at all the pictures.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-skull-173128/
    Regards,

Jerry

As these were worn from the Napoleonic Era until 1918 variations are to be expected...
    Yours may have been altered on the reverse to be hung on a wall...
    Cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-16-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Thank you for that awesome picture, Dwight!

Luke

The two compared.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast