Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leibstandarte Knife and fork

Article about: Hello guys, okay, my first post...I recently bought on Ebay a vintage knife and fork, they were advertised as just that. When I looked closer there was the Leibstandarte crest on the handle

Default Leibstandarte Knife and fork

Hello guys, okay, my first post...I recently bought on Ebay a vintage knife and fork, they were advertised as just that. When I looked closer there was the Leibstandarte crest on the handle of each of them and 'SD' on the reverse of the handles. I don't know if they are genuine, film props or fakes ( I doubt very much original) anyone seen anything like this before? Thanks guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leibstandarte Knife and fork
    P
    Many

presumably the "SD" is Sepp D?...or supposed to be......?

sorry but this isn't my field at all......

Any makers marks on them?

Fake !

A typical fake from Poland or the Czech Republic, they are sold everywhere for little money in the markets.
    There was no cutlery in the barracks, the olympia cutlery and porcelain were used there. it could also be poland here

Also, don't lnow if this is relevant, but a few years ago, there were a glut of these LAH type cutlery, but really it should be read as HAL "Hamburg Amerika Line" a cruise ship company that used these logos on their kitchenware.

Hamburg America Line - Wikipedia

Silver Serving Tray LAH ( Hamburg-America Line)
    Attached Images Attached Images Leibstandarte Knife and fork 
    "Per Ardua"

TWS
    ?

Years ago... like mid-90's... there was a rash of "SD" monogrammed stuff making the rounds attributed to Sepp Dietrich. We were having a good laugh at the "personality collectors" that were snapping the stuff up. Why? Because it wasn't customary to monogram formal items with a nickname. Not at all. Maybe informal souvenirs given to a departing member by their comrades in a small unit, but not high grade formal stuff. That stuff would have been monogrammed with the owner's full name, in this case Josef Dietrich. So... you guessed it: Anything authentic would have been "JD" and not "SD". But the cult of personality collectors couldn't get their wallets out fast enough.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks guys for all the comments, confirmed what I guessed lol.