Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lineol soldier toys

Article about: Hi, been a long time since i went to a fair. So today i decided to go and found these. Period made and very nice to have. There was also a nice donation tin but i wasnt in the mood to spend

Default Re: Lineol soldier toys

Sorry, i forgot to thank all the members that replyed and enjoyed this thread.
    Thank you everyone.
    Cheers
    Nuno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lineol soldier toys
    P
    Many

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Your observations somewhat echo my own initial thoughts. But consider if this was a standard farmer figurine why was the head not originally moulded with a hairline rather than having a bald or shaved head? Also if a modern overpaint why is the red triangle patch not painted correctly as these winkels are known to be worn?

I am hoping that someone who collects Leyla figures might shed some light on this little figurine. I am totally open minded about it being an unusual piece or a modern overpaint of farmer or whatever but of course would prefer the former over the latter
    Pending the arrival of the expert, using all-seeing Google, I failed to find either a figure like this one or one which it could have been adapted from, so it certainly is a mystery. Regarding the shaved head, I wondered if it could have been created by sanding down what was there, but if so, why leave those odd green lumps front and back - what could the front one be? The footwear seems strange too - shiny brown boots rather than clogs?

G'day all,
    I to think the paint looks a bit to fresh to be TR era but the concept of making the young believe in a certain ideology from birth could be valid. Give them toy's that back the ideology and your in business.

Here are my three lineol guys

Lineol soldier toysLineol soldier toysLineol soldier toys

All the best
    Dave

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Pending the arrival of the expert, using all-seeing Google, I failed to find either a figure like this one or one which it could have been adapted from, so it certainly is a mystery. Regarding the shaved head, I wondered if it could have been created by sanding down what was there, but if so, why leave those odd green lumps front and back - what could the front one be? The footwear seems strange too - shiny brown boots rather than clogs?

From Google: The company Christian Friedrich Ley, toys factory from near Nuremberg presented the figures here. Originally a toy store Mr. Ley began in 1936 working with Sir Richard Lades (manager) and set forth from here to play figures (1936-1978). A fairly wide range of 7cm ground soldiers of different representations, and political figures are known. The base embossing Mr. Ley attributable Leyla, Foreign. For other tin toy manufacturer they established tank commanders, even motorists in the civil sector. Before the American invasion in 1945 Mr. Ley was unfortunately destroyed all company documents and figure stocks. In 1948 production began again, with cowboys, Indians, animal figures. Late 50s began the production of plastics, Mr. Ley died in 1953, in 1978 the company closed its doors forever.

Update - The base of my mystery figurine shows green under-painting.

Lineol soldier toys
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2