Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

LSSAH egg cup award??

Article about: I have seen this for sale and thought I would post it here to see what opinions it generates. It has age, but I am not a fan of the engraving. Fuzzy pic of the maker stamp - Alpaca? And an e

?

Default LSSAH egg cup award??

I have seen this for sale and thought I would post it here to see what opinions it generates. It has age, but I am not a fan of the engraving. Fuzzy pic of the maker stamp - Alpaca? And an egg cop for service in the SS??
    LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??LSSAH egg cup award??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LSSAH egg cup award??
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks laser engraved to me, note the discolouration from the high heat.

Alikat: I won’t say with any certainty that I think this offering is not what it purports to be, but there are a couple of red flags for me. The typed label says that the recipient, one SS-Oberscharführer Anton Endrich, who was in the Leibstandarte-SS Adolf Hitler, received this egg cup and spoon for his service time (Dienstzeit). The presentation is dated 20 April 1944, which was Hitler’s 55th birthday. The first red flag is the paper label on the gift box, the nature of which seems to be inconsistent with the presentation date—Hitler’s birthday. I would think that on a date as important as der Führer’s birthday was during the NS Zeit, would warrant something finer than a typed paper label. The next red flag is the egg cup itself. Shouldn’t it have an engraving of the man’s name and rank as well as the reason for the award? And then there is the label, complete with a double struck “L” to replace the typo of a lower case “l.” I think that the cased egg cup and spoon were probably designed and packaged as generic presentations or gifts, and they could have been produced at any time, since there is no evidence that they were made between 1933 and 1945. My view, which is supposition, is that someone added the label to make the item more attractive to buyers who collect SS-related items. Dwight

My wife, who was born and raised during the NS Zeit looked at the egg cup and asked retorhically, "Why would they give an SS Oberscharführer an egg cup and a spoon? Wouldn't a bust of der Führer, a desktop Reichsalder, or a Ring, have been more appropriate?" I think she has a point. Dwight

?

There is so much faked serving ware coming out of Europe that I just avoid it. The first thought that crossed my mind was, can you imagine presenting or receiving an egg cup for a job well done?

"Congratulations Anton, here's an egg cup. You did good work. Not good enough for us to have your name engraved, but good..."

"Danke, I suppose"

CBH
    ?

Well they didn't use Lasers to engrave things during WWII, so it's junk.

?

thanks guys. I really didn't like the engraving on the spoon, and agree that I would be pretty miffed if I only got an egg cup risking life and limb in service of the Fatherland! Now a huge desk adler.......!

It's the Heinrich Himmler Honor Cup for Excellence in Chicken Farming.

Ha Ha Ha Excellent!!!