Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe cigarettes case

Article about: Hi,what do you think about this Luftwaffe cigarette?case?.It came from north of France buy at a local estate,it was very very not clean,I would haven't see the engraving,but I would believe

Default Luftwaffe cigarettes case

Luftwaffe cigarettes case
    Hi,what do you think about this Luftwaffe cigarette?case?.It came from north of France buy at a local estate,it was very very not clean,I would haven't see the engraving,but I would believe it was silver,but it wasn't.I was very surprised when I clean the case,by the Luftwaffe engraving!
    So,have you see this kind of case before?
    Thanks for your help.
    Laurent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe cigarettes case
    P
    Many

?

Another bad piece in my opinion. Basically, dressed up again - a perfectly fine cigarette case ruined in an attempt to make money.

Thank's for opinion CARL88,even if I buy it for a ridiculous price 5€.
    Laurent.

CBH
    ?

With personal items and engraved items , it's always a leap of faith . Was this done in 1941 or 1981 . Seems like it could be a period piece , but there is no way to know for sure . I'd keep it myself , especially if it wasn't sold as a Luft case , and was tarnished . But you'll never know !

Thanks CBH,sure it was not sale for a Lutwaffe case,it was not very clean,it was impossible to see the engraving!

CBH
    ?

If I were you then , I'd keep it as original , it would however be a difficult item to resell . Because so many items get Nazified these days . Research any markings to date manufacture and keep it as a nice found TR item .

Someone without a lot of skill put a lot of effort into this, probably an original period piece done and likely by the owner, but that's just my opinion.

Not worth big money but likely you did alright for a fiver.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It is definitely your normal seen type of WWII era cigarette case. As for the trench art embellishment? It's anyone's guess-literally. Trench art, being what it is, is nearly impossible to date accurately.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."