Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Gravy boat

Article about: Hi! I have this piece, it was bought here in spain in an antique shop of Madrid, I was wondering if is original or not, I payed the equivalent of 50\\$, the man of the shop has two for selling

Default Luftwaffe Gravy boat

Hi! I have this piece, it was bought here in spain in an antique shop of Madrid, I was wondering if is original or not, I payed the equivalent of 50$, the man of the shop has two for selling: I choose this one because of it's integrity, the other one was year marked(1940) but has a crack, both were same maker & value. Any opinion welcome! cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Gravy boat   Luftwaffe Gravy boat  

Luftwaffe Gravy boat   Luftwaffe Gravy boat  

Luftwaffe Gravy boat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Gravy boat
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Gravy boat

The ware Luftwaffe was never marked sideways, I think that eagle are put on an original sauce-boat for increase in its cost. Here the original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Gravy boat   Luftwaffe Gravy boat  

I agree
    I have had several gravy boats but never seen any markings on the side of it

I collect porcelain pieces and have never seen one with an eagle on the side. The bottom looks to be correct. It's too bad if somebody did this to try and get more money out of it.

...not something I collect...but I like to learn....so, the Eagle bit is always/usually lengthways (both paralel / lined up along the longest side) ie not at right angles to the longest side of the item?