Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?

Article about: Need help is this original or not?

kjs
    ?

Default Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?

Need help is this original or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?   Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?  

Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?   Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Thread moved to the right forum
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I've seen this makers mark before, however this is the first one I have seen with this shape. Usually the makers mark is in the center of these pieces. I'm not an expert on these pieces. Is the makers mark under the glaze? If you take a fingernail and scratch it can you feel anything? Here is the bottom of one of my Heer cups for comparisonLuftwaffe gravy boat original or not?Luftwaffe gravy boat original or not?

kjs
    ?

Hi I can feel the eagle and makers mark does this mean its not original?

I was hoping somebody else might chime in on this but I guess nobody has. I just think it's an odd placement for the makers mark as this is usually found in the center of the bottom. On my porcelain pieces you cannot feel the makers mark with a fingernail as they are underneath the glaze. When I blow this photo up it almost looks more like a decal hence maybe the reason you can feel it with a fingernail. Plus I've never seen one with the cutout shape such as this. If this was a mess hall piece they would have made hundreds if not thousands of these pieces and this is the only one I have ever seen like this. I just have some doubts but I'm no expert. I was hoping some others would comment.

mpw
    ?

Can't say if the piece in question is original or not but can say the fact of the makers mark being above the glaze dose not necessarily mean it is incorrect. What you shouldn't be able to do is rub or pick the mark off as even above the glaze marks are 'fixed' when fired. Below is mine from a different maker which hopefully you can see the makers mark just proud of the glaze.

Mark.

Fake !

Again, a typical fake. You can buy the mark in the sheet in poland.