Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe plate ?

Article about: feels ceramic ,but is it period ??

Default luftwaffe plate ?

feels ceramic ,but is it period ??luftwaffe plate ?luftwaffe plate ?luftwaffe plate ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe plate ?
    P
    Many

Hi Kevin,

Here's another on a Spanish website. They are also seen on the deadly Aukro Czech auction site, so whether they're genuine or not is a moot point. The airfield of Grove-Jutland is today known as Karup Airport, and is used by the Royal Danish Air Force.

Original Militaria - LW/ Plato Conmemorativo "Fliegerhorst Grove"

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

cheers ned ,its a well made piece,i like the spanish price, regards kev

Is the eagle and lettering a decal or is it fired into the glaze? These do not initially impress me as authentic TR period produced pieces.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i dont think its a dec

?

I'm no expert, but that Spanish website seems to have a lot of questionable items on it - look, for example, at the many rings on the SS section. Concerning the plate, it seems quite surprising that multiple examples of what must have been a limited production item have not only survived but are available for sale at the same time!

Philip

?

I would consider it a Post 45 item - the years 1940 -41 make no sense ,was it for time in service etc?,If so it would say that - not an item I would want in my collection.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    I would consider it a Post 45 item - the years 1940 -41 make no sense ,was it for time in service etc?,If so it would say that - not an item I would want in my collection.
    Horst
    It's also a bit odd in that the Germans didn't invade Denmark until April 1940, and only then built the airfield, so not easy to make sense of the date for such a limited time span for a period probably less than 12 months in length. What could be worth celebrating about that, unless they were presented on completion of the laying out and building of the place? Not my cup of cocoa either.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.