MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi/WW2 German Chef's Knives

Article about: Hi i am after some info Did Germany produce chef knives with the Nazi symbol on it like they did with the bayonets and dagger etc? Thanks James

Default Nazi/WW2 German Chef's Knives

Hi i am after some info
    Did Germany produce chef knives with the Nazi symbol on it like they did with the bayonets and dagger etc?
    Thanks
    James
    Last edited by James3567; 11-24-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi/WW2 German Chef's Knives
    P
    Many

If they did, I've never seen such a thing. I rather doubt it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Interesting question. Not something I have ever seen. I would imagine military issue examples would be eagle marked and "Rostfrei" that type of thing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not quite the same but, I have a set of chef's knives that similar to honour daggers, have an etched signature on the blades. Rather than being of Rohm or Himmler they have a facsimilie of that noted crimes-against-catering criminal and thieving cheese looter, Antony Worrall-Thompson. They are crap.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Not quite the same but, I have a set of chef's knives that similar to honour daggers, have an etched signature on the blades. Rather than being of Rohm or Himmler they have a facsimilie of that noted crimes-against-catering criminal and thieving cheese looter, Antony Worrall-Thompson. They are crap.

Poor ol' Tony. i miss him!.....

James3567: I doubt that they did. My father-in-law, Franz Eichberger, was the head chef (Küchemeister) at the Adlon Hotel, 1935-45 as well as the chief chef for state diners at Schloss Bellvue during the same period. I have his complete set of knives, some of which were made after 1932, and none of them have a swastika or any markings other than the makers' logo. Dwight

There are all sorts of examples of table wear with german markings.
    Forks, spoons, plates ect. Is a large carving set out of the question?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Unless they are from a Government or Military set, there would be little point or reason to put a swastika on a restaurant's knife set. It would be akin to putting a British union Jack on them for running a chop house in London. Possible, but not too likely, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Its not a knife but it is a III Reich "Knife Sharpening Steel" - the item was found years ago in Wurzburg Germany when they demolished the old slaughterhouse - has a grip like the SA dagger and the DAF emblem on the handle which relates to the Deutsche Arbeits Front or the German III Reich workers union which included the Butchers etc. Also notice the picture of a DAF Sharpener identified as a "Butchers" dagger - have a friend who has one of these.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

A sharpening steel with SA dagger-like handle - out of this world. Thanks for posting.