Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help with German Eagle.

Article about: thats what i thought dave right color right non ferris metal and the shape of the wings exclude it from being political or army etc? i could be way wrong as always, and i wouldnt mind it for

Default Re: Need help with German Eagle.

thats what i thought dave right color right non ferris metal and the shape of the wings exclude it from being political or army etc? i could be way wrong as always, and i wouldnt mind it for my wall!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with German Eagle.
    P
    Many

?

I just don't still understand how it should be attach to the boat?

sonny i think a piece like that could have been inside a cabin or room somewhare and not outside, on the back whare the indent is could there have been a small bar brased in there thats been broken? or it could have been stuck to a wood plaque? theres many possibilities about its fixing, could i see closer pics to hitlerjugend44@aol.co.uk just so i can see it better

?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    sonny i think a piece like that could have been inside a cabin or room somewhare and not outside, on the back whare the indent is could there have been a small bar brased in there thats been broken? or it could have been stuck to a wood plaque? theres many possibilities about its fixing, could i see closer pics to hitlerjugend44@aol.co.uk just so i can see it better
    I have just sent the pictures!

sonny you can see clearly whare the fixing bolts or what ever have been at each wing tip also one on the birds beak and swastika center at the bottom, its also had something in the middle aswell at some point?

now from a front veiw whare the left wing meets the body is out of shape there can you see it? also it seems to have poor casting marks here and there front and back, also is that damaged on the left wing edge? does it show its sold brass?

just a couple of thoughts, i think you will need to put clearer photos thats a little larger up to get more opinions my thoughts now are its not TR quality? jmo.

cheers ewan

?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    sonny you can see clearly whare the fixing bolts or what ever have been at each wing tip also one on the birds beak and swastika center at the bottom, its also had something in the middle aswell at some point?

now from a front veiw whare the left wing meets the body is out of shape there can you see it? also it seems to have poor casting marks here and there front and back, also is that damaged on the left wing edge? does it show its sold brass?

just a couple of thoughts, i think you will need to put clearer photos thats a little larger up to get more opinions my thoughts now are its not TR quality? jmo.

cheers ewan
    Hi Ewan.

I also have my doubts about the originality. I just don't think it's made good enough. Especially the back.
    Thanks for your time.

?

Ok im now looking at the eagle with a magnifying glass, and yes your right Ewan, there is a distortion on the left wing, not only the top but the bottom feathers as well. The swastika under closer examination, looks to be non-parallel, there fore this could be a cast brass replica or a badly cast original, that has somehow passed quality control, are there any markings on the rear at all or on the front

?

No, there is no markings..
    I have also posted this on WAF and one guy have told me that it is for a submarineturret. On the side, not front!
    Its the only reply I got so far, but interesting!

sonny, i would be scepitical of that theory

Hi Sonny, sorry this is an old fake made in Britain in the 1970's. The design is based upon a Kreigsmarine tropical pith helmet eagle. I have enlcosed a pic of an original cap eagle from my collection to show where they get the basic design from. But look how much nicer the original is

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with German Eagle.  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast