Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

Article about: This one could be German, judging by the tilt in the Swastika...but as mentioned above, the Swastika was a popular adornment prior to it's association with Nazism... cheers, Glenn

Default Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

Hello all,

I just picked this item up at an estate sale, it's VERY thick rose gold & 14k gold plated disc with diamond or semi precious cut stones.
    It is just under 1 inch is size.

At first glance I had thought it was a pendant but I know believe it was part of something, it has 3 other weld marks where it was connected to a chain perhaps (the 4th still remaining- like two connectors on either side).

Possibly it was part of a decorative ceremonial dagger or sword chain.

There are NO makers marks at all- too bad.

Any help would be much appreciated in identifying this item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant   Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant  

Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help needed in identifying Gold and Semi precious stones WWII German pendant?

I would guess it was civillian jewelry and not Third Reich.

Default Re: Help needed in identifying Gold and Semi precious stones WWII German pendant?

I don't know where to ask the question- if this is the wrong thread what thread should I use- thanks!

It could also be pre-war... Swastikas were very in vogue back then. Perhaps even Jainist, Hindu, Buddhist or Native American related.

It was part of a collection of bring-backs from the estate of the WWII serviceman who's property it was. The Luger was certainly German as well as the other WWII German items- this piece
    was just unknown to me.

I'll post in the other thread- thank you.

Default Re: Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

Definitely a civilian item/locket. It does not look like a very expensive
    piece either - not solid gold in any case.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

A gift to a lady during that period of time???? it looks like a charm form a charm braclet????
    It is my best guess.
    "You know the Germans ladies liked these things"

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Yes, but what reason is there for thinking its Third Reich period at all? As GIZMO8Z rightly says, swastikas appear on all sorts of items before the Nazi period, and from many countries. This could be a good luck charm which is neither German nor of the Nazi period.

?

Your guess is as good as mine, although I would guess it was a gift during the period to a sweetheart etc, especially if found with other period artifacts.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast