Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

NS-Hago Paper weight

Article about: Hello all, I'd like to show a pic of a new item I picked up. Hope you like it as much as I do. It's a Hago paper weight made by the company of Mayer & Wilhelm of Stuttgart. It's roughly

?

Default NS-Hago Paper weight

Hello all,
    I'd like to show a pic of a new item I picked up. Hope you like it as much as I do. It's a Hago paper weight made by the company of Mayer & Wilhelm of Stuttgart. It's roughly 6 inches high with about a 6 1/2 inch wing span & a heavy base. I think it fits in perfectly with a few of my poletops too. Thanks for looking.
    Duzig(Bill)NS-Hago Paper weightNS-Hago Paper weight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS-Hago Paper weight
    P
    Many

?

Hello Bill,

Thank you for showing these interesting items. I wondered if your latest acquisition is also a pole top that has later (post-war?) had a base added? Its the same at a finial shown on p.34 of the Angolia and Littlejohn book Labor Organizations of the Reich. Speaking as someone whose desk is always covered with big piles of paper forlornly waiting for attention, I think the item shown would not work well as a paper weight, being too tall.

Regards, Philip

I would tend to agree with Philip. Paperweights normally have a proportionately wide base and a low center of mass.

?

Hello, Thanks for your comments.
    While it is possible that this is not a paperweight, I do believe that this item was made originally as shown here. There is a makers name on it and it doesn't look like it was put together separately. If possible Phillip I would like to a picture of the item shown in Angolia's book that you mention. Again thanks for your comments and info.
    Duzig(Bill)

?

Bill, here you are. I wondered if the base was turned from a piece of brass hexagon bar? An effective way of displaying it, whatever. I have a couple of Reichsnährstand pole tops that I need to made display bases for.

Philip

NS-Hago Paper weight

?

Hello again,
    Philip, thanks for the picture. Yes, you are right, my item looks exactly like the one shown in your picture & is the same size. And yes, the base is a 6 sided piece of brass. Does anyone know whether the Mayer & Wilhelm company produced flag pole tops? I do believe that whatever it is, this was done during the period. Philip regarding the reichsnahrstand poletops you have...lucky guy!. I don't have one as of yet, and to me they are one of the nicest ones out there. One of these days. The prices seem to have really gone thru the roof for those tops. thanks agaiin for that picture also
    regards,
    Bill

?

Quote by Duzig View Post
    I do believe that whatever it is, this was done during the period.
    The membership of NS-Hago presumably included skilled machinists so its possible but ultimately one could never know.

Quote by Duzig View Post
    regarding the reichsnahrstand poletops you have...lucky guy!. I don't have one as of yet, and to me they are one of the nicest ones out there. One of these days.
    Yes, the two I have weren't cheap but they are beautifully made things and such a pleasure to see that I feel that I got good value. These fahnenspitzen make a great centrepiece of any display.

I like the NSBO and NS-HAGO things very much too - I'd collect them as well, but am already spending too much time and money on the area of interest I've allowed myself...

Philip

?

Mayer & Wilhelm - assuming that its the same company - are still in business: Stuttgarter Metallwarenfabrik

They are a long established film making high quality medals and badges, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made your fahnenspitze too. Perhaps if you email them they might tell you?

Philip

?

Hello,
    thanks again for your reply. You are right that we will probably never know for sure whether an item made for a desk or if it's a poletop. It does look as if the base and top portion have the same patina but either way I like the looks of it. I had done a search online and found the company also. Just may send them a note inquiring. Thanks again.
    regards
    Bill