Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Steel Sign

Article about: Hello guys! would be nice to hear some oppinions about this steel sign, do you think its original? i got an offer to bus this for 350 euros. Best regards Tobias

Default NSDAP Steel Sign

Hello guys! would be nice to hear some oppinions about this steel sign, do you think its original?
    i got an offer to bus this for 350 euros. Best regards TobiasNSDAP Steel SignNSDAP Steel SignNSDAP Steel SignNSDAP Steel Sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Steel Sign
    P
    Many

?

Hi Tobias,

I am not expert on these but the ones I have seen the NSDAP is not in a block type style. The ones I have seen have a script type style for the letters NSDAP. Could be a variant of course. I am sure someone will know more than I as I only have 1 sign in my collection. I would wait for a couple other opinions. Good luck. Rossi

Here is one like yours on Griffin Militaria who is a Forum Sponsor here on WRF.

NSDAP Steel Sign

NSDAP Steel Sign

NSDAP Steel Sign

NSDAP Steel Sign

NSDAP Steel Sign

Thank you Rossi i been searching all kinds on forums and also ww2 shops on the net and so far i Think this one
    they offerd me is correct, but also seen that some people call it fake. its hard to be a third Reich militaria collector.

regards Tobias

Tobias,

You may have to reach back further than the forums and internet and see if you can locate any of these signs in period photographs in reference books. You may be able to find your answer among the pages of NSDAP related reference books and just Third Reich books in General..

I will look in some of my books and see if I see any NSDAP signs that look similar to yours..

Smitty

Thank you Smitty! looking forward to see if you find any in your books!

Best regards Tobias

Tobias,

I did some cross referencing and searching for NSDAP building photos. I am still working on finding period photos of the sign, but I did find out this information..

One of our esteemed Forum Members wrote a book titled "Wall Plaques and Official Office Sign Boards of Hitler's Third Reich 1933-1945" by Wilhelm Saris,,, and the example of your sign is on page 127 of his book. I don't have a copy of this book but I did find this information while looking at NSDAP building pictures..

I will continue to search and I am sure that other collectors of Enamel Signs will contribute as well..

Smitty

Thank you alot Smitty! i really appreciate your help! i found a thread here on the forum, with the same kind of SIgn.
    NSDAP Enamel sign REAL??

?

And the Forum shows its enormous value again and again!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

From photos it is difficult to give a final conclusion so now and then.
    To reproduce them is easy, making it looking old by damages is
    even more easier.
    It is anyway a main-shield (Hoheitsschild), which normally would
    have the size 50.0 x 50.0 cm or about. The lettering is the script
    as ordered by Hitler in early 1941. There is a lot of correspondence
    about the introduction of this script.

Thank you all for info, from what i read and heard for couple of days i think i take the chance and buy it for 350 euro.
    the seller claim his father bougth it in Poland in the 80ies and it was found in Breslau nowerdays called Wroclaw. and he invited me to go there and checkt it out in real. but to far from me. from what i heard and the seller sounds trustworthy. i just have to Hope for the best!

Regards Tobias

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast