Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSRL Table Medal

Article about: Hello All, I recently came across this NSRL table medal for swimming in its original case and thought I would show it here as I think they are very nice , Any comments welcome, Best Regards,

Default NSRL Table Medal

Hello All, I recently came across this NSRL table medal for swimming in its original case and thought I would show it here as I think they are very nice , Any comments welcome, Best Regards, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSRL Table Medal   NSRL Table Medal  

NSRL Table Medal   NSRL Table Medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSRL Table Medal
    P
    Many

?

Very nice find ,cased also - a great addition to any collection.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Very, very nice!
    Thanks for schowing!

Is it made of amber?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

very nice.

Hi Horst, Odal & Harryamb2, thank-you for the comments, Odal it is not made of amber, the base seems to be made of some type of hard translucent plastic and the eagle is also carved from plastic or bone, here it is with some other NSRL and sports eagles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSRL Table Medal  

Indeed very nice.

?

Quote by mloppkit View Post
    Hi Horst, Odal & Harryamb2, thank-you for the comments, Odal it is not made of amber, the base seems to be made of some type of hard translucent plastic and the eagle is also carved from plastic or bone, here it is with some other NSRL and sports eagles.
    My guess is that it is made of a "Bakelite" material which was used in the period prior to the advent of plastic- By the way a very nice selection of NSRL item.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Wow what a collection!

Very impressive!

@ Horst: Sorry, i think while looking the material, at least the eagle, is rather "Galalith" than bakelite.

Galalith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superb find, and in it's original case as well-which is also in mint condition. Excellent find, for sure! How many of these can still be in existence, one wonders!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Horst, Odal & Wagriff, I've learn't something today - It must be made of Bakelite or Galalith- I had never even heard of Galalith before today. Here is the other side of the 'Pro Patria' Sports award sculpture by noted sculptor Baroness Barbara Von Kalckreuth to show it's inscription.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSRL Table Medal   NSRL Table Medal  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast