Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nur Fur Deutche Sign

Article about: I have a wood sign that reads "Nur Fur Deutche". I'm 99% sure that it's original; however, I've seen a very similar one being offered for sale on a website and they make a statemen

?

Default Nur Fur Deutche Sign

I have a wood sign that reads "Nur Fur Deutche". I'm 99% sure that it's original; however, I've seen a very similar one being offered for sale on a website and they make a statement about the method used to create the sign, that I'm unfamiliar with. I was hoping someone could shed some light on it for me. As you will notice in my pictures, there is NO blue residue in the letters. The website claims they're sign IS original and as proof makes this statement
    "Very important detail: the text is made by chemical pencil which was produced only before and during WW2 period. Difference between chemical and regular pencil is what the chemical pencil after contact with water changed his colour to blue (see text on the sign) – regular pencil does not change the colour." I've included ONE picture of the one from the website for comparison.

I would appreciate any information you might have.
    Nur Fur Deutche SignNur Fur Deutche SignNur Fur Deutche SignNur Fur Deutche SignNur Fur Deutche Sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nur Fur Deutche Sign
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a "Carbon Copy" material that was drawn on and left the image behind.. JMO.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

They did not know how to spell. It says "Deutche",
    but should be "Deutsche".
    Further there is no Umlaut with the word "für".

And this is said to be original? Come on! I doubt!
    For me it is just a bogus "thing"!

?

Thanks. I honestly never noticed the misspelling. It's odd how the same word was misspelled on both signs and in the same manner. They are not direct copies because the 'e' is completely different. I've never seen the one with 'blue' letters but the one I have appears to be very old. The letters are aged quite a bit. I don't know. That's why I posted it here. I wanted to get others opinions.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    They did not know how to spell. It says "Deutche",
    but should be "Deutsche".
    Further there is no Umlaut with the word "für".

And this is said to be original? Come on! I doubt!
    For me it is just a bogus "thing"!
    In my 11th grade German class, I handed in my final exam essay. My teacher (a native born German), threw it back at me and said to fix my mistake but wouldn't tell me what it was. Spent another hour trying to identify what I did wrong. I would keep going back up and handing it back in and he would throw it back at me...really pissed off. Finally I noticed that silly me wrote "Deutche" in the title (never checked that...LoL). Afterwards, my teacher said he would never allow a student of his for3 years, to miss-spell the word Deutsche. Needless to say, I stink at languages...

And.....I have never made that mistake again.

So...moral? This is a one look 1,000 yard fake (at least for me )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I noticed that silly me wrote "Deutche" in the title (never checked that...LoL). Afterwards, my teacher said he would never allow a student of his for3 years, to miss-spell the word Deutsche. Needless to say, I stink at languages...)
    Come on Michael,, 'fess up, it was YOU who made these!!!!!!

If you can leave the 'L' out of SOLDER and pronounce it 'SODDER' then anythings possible!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Come on Michael,, 'fess up, it was YOU who made these!!!!!!

If you can leave the 'L' out of SOLDER and pronounce it 'SODDER' then anythings possible!!!
    Yes...actually I made these in 11th Grade German class!!

(now...did I spell it Sodder in a prior thread? Wouldn't be surprised, even my English spelling is atrocious)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its just an American pronunciation thing. First time I heard it i didnt know what they were talking about. We say " Sol-der" probably because a 'Sod' is a slang term for an annoying person. Im sure your spelling is fine...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "