Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nuremberg reichsadler

Article about: need opinion about this EAGLE

Thumbs down Nuremberg reichsadler

need opinion about this EAGLE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nuremberg reichsadler   Nuremberg reichsadler  

Nuremberg reichsadler   Nuremberg reichsadler  

Nuremberg reichsadler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nuremberg reichsadler
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nuremberg reichsadler

Hey Pierre! I like it!

but knowing the guys im sure there is going to be some doubts, the hatchetcross is a little sloppy, and Im sure you noticed it too but other than that I would love to have that on my mantle!!!!

P.S. does any one have a mantle for sale?

any makers marks?

Phil now that I take a closer look I can see wear on the edges of the wings it could be wood

guess we just have to wait

FAKE ! bronze made or heavy plated ? i buy this eagle 1 or 2 years before for big price ! i return this faster ! no maker mark .

second pic , back , poor detail

Its just my opinion but I would not purchase this bird, it looks like a recast that I have seen before, you really cannot judge these by the patina.

Its really up to the buyer, but I would seek another example.

Best,

Kris

I should be more honest when I make a quote....I like the bird but I personaly would allways take it whith a grain of salt... and considerit a novalty piece... yes Pierre it is way to sloppy...I hope you can regain your money!

but hey man thats why we have the forum ..I learn so much every day and get to talk to gentlmen from all over the world!!

we are a lucky lot!!!

These are not easy pieces, but take a look at this bird, most notably the swastika and how it meets the edges of the roundel. When you re-cast it is difficult to get this.

The other thing is to really get a good assessment it needs to come off that base. But in this case??.

These are not always neat, and there is a ton of recast pieces out there, and to be truthful the process of manufacture then and today would dictate that regardless of the base metal a patina can be applied. What has been pictured is not what I would consider a natural patina. These piece can run 700-1200.00. So novelty? I do not know if I would say that.

I spent an hour at least at the max at a table loaded with little busts and bronze pieces with various attributes and it was something like 70/30 and I managed to grab one really nice piece. The rest were debatable or excessive in price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nuremberg reichsadler   Nuremberg reichsadler  

Its just so hard to tell ..but you need to know that Im not an expert on cast pieces Im just giving you my personal opinion and hopefully we can get one of the "salty colectors" in here becaue I would love to know my self so we can all learn...but like I said I would love to have one of these birds!

"May luck find your path Pierre"

Justin

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post
    Its just so hard to tell ..but you need to know that Im not an expert on cast pieces Im just giving you my personal opinion and hopefully we can get one of the "salty colectors" in here becaue I would love to know my self so we can all learn...but like I said I would love to have one of these birds!

"May luck find your path Pierre"

Justin
    The swastika is enough really as when you recast these you cant get it in full, that why you see the space around the swastika and the uneven texture. I guess you can find someone that is saltier than I am, but these are heavily reproduced and I like them so I am always looking at them.

I apologize if my opinion is not positive, but it is what it is really.

Best,

Kris

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast