Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage

Article about: by Jo Rivett I am talking about the tea cup. Not the box with the correct advertising slogan, the cup. I also dont believe "this topic" has ever been covered before either. There i

?

Default Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage

There were a mountain of items that a tourist or visitor to "The City of the Reichsparty Rally" could purchase, from beer steins ,postcards,etc to small Demi cups/saucers reflecting the city image/emblem and the slogan"Nurnberg die Stadt der Reichsparteitage"- Here is an example . These items were on sale during the III Reich not only during the rally but to promote the city itself as a tourist attraction.

Horst
    Nurnberg Stadt der ReichsparteitageNurnberg Stadt der ReichsparteitageNurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

I like it!....

that's very nice.

I just noticed the coat of arms is lopsided but it adds to it's charm!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I just noticed the coat of arms is lopsided but it adds to it's charm!..
    Its straight on, its my picture taking that makes it look a little off.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Whooops sorry Horst!....

Quote by Horst View Post
    There were a mountain of items that a tourist or visitor to "The City of the Reichsparty Rally" could purchase,.... reflecting the city image/emblem and the slogan"Nurnberg die Stadt der Reichsparteitage"- Here is an example .
    But this does not say that, it says only Reichs Parteitag Nürnberg, and that to me, seems very odd both grammatically as well as relating to the Parteitage & the Towns connection with them - how it was advertised.

Nice Horst, here's a neat little box that I have with the same theme.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage  

Jo Rivett: I don't see anything grammatically wrong with what is written on the side of the cup. As Horst says, these sorts of souvenirs were sold in Nürnberg year-round and reflected "...the city image/emblem and the slogan "Nürnberg die Stadt der Reichsparteitage"- An example of that specific purpose is the box that Erich S posted above. My guess is that the cup is a souvenir that was sold in Nürnberg while the Reichsparteitag events were actually on-going, thus the inscription, "Reichs parteitag Nürnberg" which is separtated between Reichs and Parteitag for the three-tier layout. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    while the Reichsparteitag events
    Exactly, the word Parteitag is throwing me off here - still! If anything, it should be Parteitage. (unless it is denoting a single day, a single Parteitag) Any other native German speakers see a problem?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast