Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign

Article about: Bought this enamel sign "Verbotener Eingang" from a worker I know, who at the moment is working in the Odernsburg Sonthofen. The Odernsburg is part of Generaloberst - Beck - Kasern

?

Default From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign

Bought this enamel sign "Verbotener Eingang" from a worker I know, who at the moment is working in the Odernsburg Sonthofen. The Odernsburg is part of Generaloberst - Beck - Kaserne in Sonthofen, which due to a reconstructing of the Bundeswehr is being renovated. 100 million is being spent on the camp, the Ordensburg is to be converted into a hotel, the renovation should be completed some time in 2013. This sign "Forbidden Entrance" a good size 35cm x 20cm (14"x 8") comes out of the cellar where the Waffenkammer (arsenal) was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign   From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign  

From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign
    P
    Many

Default Re: From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign

Nice item. I like it.

It illustrates well how a period sign should look.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice item. I like it.

It illustrates well how a period sign should look.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, the one caveat is, as with much military memorabilia is provenance. A German collector friend said, the sign style is clearly 30's - 40's - but to a third party, it could have easily been hanging outside any railway station toilets in Germany during the war. Although I'm sure.
    One thing, I forgot to mention, the worker said, in the Ordensburg there's a room in which the TR medals and awards are set into the wall tiles - fascinating, just imagine coming down to the breakfast room and seeing them embedded in the wall tiles. Foolishly, I didn't ask him, if it was to be left as it is or would they be taken out. I've included a couple of pictures of the Ordensburg today and in its Nazi heyday as a elite Adolf Hilter Schule. Still a imposing building.
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign  From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign  From Ordensburg Sonthofen - Enamel Sign