Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an origional flag? HELP!

Article about: I am now to collecting and am thinking about purchasing this flag but have not seen a red hoist end online. I was told the flag measures 33" by 22.5" This is the only picture that

?

Default Is this an origional flag? HELP!

I am now to collecting and am thinking about purchasing this flag but have not seen a red hoist end online. I was told the flag measures 33" by 22.5" This is the only picture that was sent to me. He is a private dealer in my area but for my sake i just want a second opinion. He wants $500. Should i proceed with the purchase? PLEASE help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an origional flag? HELP!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this an origional flag? HELP!

The red end is all original, if original flag then it is probably French made, I almost bought one two weeks ago, here it is: Kriegs flag French made with KM acceptance stamp & non traditional hem - high end linen material, measuring 43" X 72". Also marked with an eagle over an M and a French makers mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an origional flag? HELP!  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-02-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

BUT I do not know if THIS flag is ok, though. I meant - the red hoist end was made during WW2
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

It also has no markings....thanks for the quick reply. Is it also true to go by the black light method? If it glows it's fake if it doesn't it's most likely real. (old cotton does not glow and newer cotton does because of the chemicals of today?

The glow or no glow I cannot help you with, but I´m sure others will chime in soon
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

It Used to be that the glow effect was fairly reliable, but the fakers have now got ways around that bit. Your flag, though, looks to be perfectly fine. They did, as Stinschen pointed out, make the all red edge flags also, but they are fairly uncommon to see. $500 is a touch on the expensive side, but it's a nice flag and in fine condition in an uncommon variant style.(Personally, I think the white edge flags are more iconic, but that's just Me..) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."