Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Article about: by Voje85 Maybe it was marked to show that it was accepted to hang on the wall for lebensborn project? *Pregnant pause*.......Do you think so...?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Certainly a fake...the Nord division had no connection to Lebensborn at all...fantasy stamp.
    cheers, Glenn

- - Updated - -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Certainly a fake...the Nord division had no connection to Lebensborn at all...fantasy stamp.
    cheers, Glenn

- - Updated - -
    Found this at the Norwegian State archive --->

Abteilung Lebensborn was the German office that according to German law (Hitler Verordnung 07/28/1942 Amended 13/02/1943, 18/02/1943, 13/08/1943 and 10/26/1943) would be responsible for taking care of children of German soldiers Norway, and to support and to some extent take care of children's mothers. The office was organized as early as the beginning of 1941. It was initially placed under Reichskommissariat agriculture department in 1942 under Hoher SS-und Polizeiführer North. It was an offshoot of the German SS organization Lebensborn eV (eingetragener Verein), which had its head office in
    Munich. Abteilung Lebensborn created a number of maternity homes (maternal home) in Norway. The two most important were the former tourist hotels Klekken by Hønefoss and Hurdal Works.

So maybe this is the real ting, but just in Norway?

I would suggest saving your money...this is too questionable in my opinion.
    cheers, Glenn

Rubber stamps will always add realism to anything printed even if someone does their research on it and creates a stamp..you still cant make a dollar out of 99 cents!,,so if this stamp is real along with the painting then the painting I have of Heinrich Himmler is authentic also as there is a rubber stamp on the back and his signature painted on it also. Regards Larry

and an extra added bonus here is the front and back of my painting
    Attached Images Attached Images Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.  Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.  Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view. 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

in my opinion the stamp adds no value.

it can not be connected reliably to the painting.

therefore, if you like the painting and it's priced as the painting it is without value added with respect to what is probably a spurious stamp, then buy it.

otherwise, there is better militaria out there for your money if it's militaria (and not art) you seek.

essentially you're talking provenance here. you're talking the idea that the painting has an SS provenance and provenance is only as valuable as the strength of the case being made for it.

the presence of a stamp like this... there is no way to verify when it was applied or where. the link can not be proven. if you had a picture with SS personnel holding the painting or a document... this would be a different story. but there's nothing here.

it's a painting.

?

I understand now I'll stop my posting on this thread now. It has made some people on this forum a little irritated. Thanks for the help! I'll not by or trade for that item.

Thanks

no problem.

and please don't be discouraged by some asking for pictures of the item you're referencing. it is true that the thread is, without pictures, of little to no value. members would just like to see some value come out of this thread.

simply get your pictures in early with your question so the discussion can proceed smoothly and more quickly for you.

at any rate, thank you for starting the discussion.

?

I will not make the same mistake one more time Thanks again!

Quote by Voje85 View Post
    Have not bought it yet, so dont have pictures of it now. The stamp and and the look of the picture gives me a good feeling that it could be real. If its real.. could it be of anny value?
    I found it in a antique store.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!
    In your 1st post above you posted your question to get information to the best of our knowledge to help you with this painting that you saw at an antique store. When the other members tried as best they could to give you the best answers without seeing photos...automatically you began to contradict what we were trying to help you with.....then why post the question in the first place? If we would of said " Oh yes its real!!" then you would of bought something you had no clue about,,but leaned on our information based on words. Common sense says ,,You cant buy anything without seeing it first.
    Since we said "No"...that answer was not good enough so you went on to protect the painting that you came here first for and know nothing about and asked us our opinions on something we cant see??...............Am I missing something here??
    maybe the Antique dealer wont let you take photos of the painting..or maybe he has different thoughts about it that would restrict our members comments. Sorry we cant help you there. This thread will remain open and will not close as you are more than welcome to post any photos may you get about this painting...we welcome it...but words in this hobby do not mean anything when someone is trying to authenticate an item no one has seen.

Have you seen the painting and the thread i attached to my post a few pages back and the replies I received? That Himmler portrait sure looks real to me. My son has a gift of painting portraits of popular personalities and I tell you its an amazing gift that anyone with a painting talent could create art work worth only the amount someone will pay for it. Dont go away mad or disappointed but remember you came to us first. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4