Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help

Article about: A few years ago I bought this painting (see pictures) from an old auction house (which sold some "old" stuff) in The Netherlands. The paiting is signed by Franz Gerlau in 1960 in P

Default Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help

A few years ago I bought this painting (see pictures) from an old auction house (which sold some "old" stuff) in The Netherlands.

The paiting is signed by Franz Gerlau in 1960 in Paraguay. It does also have a swastika sign next to the name.I don't have any specific background information on the name of the painter: Franz Gerlau.

As the painting has been signed by Franz Gerlau, it might be coincidence (or not ...) but please note that the first name consists of 5 characters and the last name of 6 characters. Exactly the same as with Hitler's ...
    Also please note that if you analyze the last name: Gerlau and compare that to Hitler, the characters in terms of alphabet are very close to each other (check for yourself).

On the back of the wooden frame there is some vague sign which seems to show the word / characters "Rein 30" ... I don't know where that refers to. Maybe somebody knows !

I understond from some art dealer that the way the painting was done, looks like the same way Hitler painted his paintings and the signature seems to indicate that as well.

All in all, the reason why I post this painting is that I would like to get more information on this painting and / or if somebody knows more on the name Franz Gerlau ?

ThanksPainting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls helpPainting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls helpPainting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help
    P
    Many

?

Interesting concept you have. Hitler was known for painting landscapes and buildings. I never knew him to be a portrait painter. Many nazis fled to Paraguay , and this may explain the name and the Swazi .

Here are few examples..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help   Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help  

Attached Images Attached Images Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help 

?

If Adolf Hitler painted that , then he may have been accepted into the Vienna art school and may not have been the hitler we now know.

Yeah - I know that he mainly painted landscapes / buildings. But it would not exclude that he could have done some portraits as well.
    I am aware of the fact that a number of nazi's fled to Paraguay, but given the "quality" of the painting, it has to be someone who had some painting-skills at least. How many top-level nazi's had these skills.

Well, Your theory is very interesting. But I personally do not belive this painting has anything to do with Hitler or III Reich.

?

I'd say that the chance of the painting being made by AH in Paraguay in the 1960s is slim to non-existent.....to use the understatement of the Century.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I'd say that the chance of the painting being made by AH in Paraguay in the 1960s is slim to non-existent.....to use the understatement of the Century.
    I do believe Hitler was not around in 1960.

Cannondale, are you suggesting that Hitler managed to flee to Paraguay?
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

As said , if he was that good of an artist, he wouldn't have become dictator. If he had survived the war, he wouldn't have become a better artist...in Paraguay .

Nuno, there are rumors he did escape to south amerika. Through die spinne..or the spider web. Otto skorzeny and Bormann facilitated such exploits.

If your saying it is possible Hitler did this, I'd say this portrait is unlikely and impossible if done in the 60's, to be painted by Hitler. It is well known that Hitler was quite horrible at painting the human face. He was even known to leave the face blank or paint a person from his side so that only half of the face was showing in many examples. He especially left the face blank when it was in the distance, due to his inability to capture the details. Another thing, the face is actually executed somewhat well in said painting, this is another reason why I wouldn't except this to be a work of Hitlers. It was his weakness, so one would assume he'd never paint a image of only a face, but that is just my opinion. Note, I'm not sure if I even understood you correctly, if not, I apologize.
    Further notation, Hitlers inability to capture the human face was just one of many reasons he was denied from art school.

"As the painting has been signed by Franz Gerlau, it might be coincidence (or not ...) but please note that the first name consists of 5 characters and the last name of 6 characters. Exactly the same as with Hitler's ...
    Also please note that if you analyze the last name: Gerlau and compare that to Hitler, the characters in terms of alphabet are very close to each other (check for yourself)."

In life their are many coincidences, and so you know, you can do this type of stuff with almost anything. I find it funny, just like the suggestion Hitler could've done the painting, you think their is a correlation due to the amount of letters and the closeness in the alphabet of them. I am most certain it's just a coincidence, and nothing more. Sorry to be the realist and bearer of bad news, but this theory is just not logical.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-16-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote by Dean View Post
    As said , if he was that good of an artist, he wouldn't have become dictator. If he had survived the war, he wouldn't have become a better artist...in Paraguay .

Nuno, there are rumors he did escape to south amerika. Through die spinne..or the spider web. Otto skorzeny and Bormann facilitated such exploits.
    Yes Dean, i know there are rumors.

Hitler's skull is really a woman's: Fresh doubts over death after tests on bullet hole | Mail Online

Also, according to Jim Morrison--"Adolf Hitler is Alive and Well and Living in Miami"

I do not believe them. If so, i think the Israelis would have found him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast