Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Porcelain desk eagle for consideration

Article about: A friend bought this 20 years ago in austria,i cant make out the base mark even with a magnifying glass it has a crown above a shield that has two lines/figures in it and writing below all i

Default Porcelain desk eagle for consideration

A friend bought this 20 years ago in austria,i cant make out the base mark even with a magnifying glass it has a crown above a shield that has two lines/figures in it and writing below all in fuzzy blue,doesnt look real to me,he said the shop had tin german half tracks in it,i told him he should have bought them,my appologies if this type of figure has been covered before but my search didnt turn a similar one up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Porcelain desk eagle for consideration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Porcelain desk eagle for consideration
    P
    Many

Default Re: Porcelain desk eagle for consideration

Hi, not being my field but i still dont like, for a few reasons.
    But the main one is, in my opinion the eagle seems to have a pidgeon head.
    I would doubt an officer would like to have a pidgeon head eagle on its desk.
    Lacks detail and is probably a piece made for turists.
    Its my opinion.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Your right Nuno,it does look sorta pigeon like.

?

Have to agree with Nuno relative to the detail "Not Good" - supposed to reflect the Nurenberg stadium eagle but really lacks the detail.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Although I know nothing of the finer points of Third Reich porcelain I am also of the same opinion of Nuno.

The overall quality seems to be lacking, The base doesn't look even, it looks like it might rock if sat on a flat surface. The eagle doesn't look like a proud TR bird and the right wing appears bigger then the left as we look at it. The very misshapen swastika also puts me off and as mentioned, the eagle's head just doesn't look like an eagle.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

All of the above.
    Especially the Swastika seems cramped and crammed in too little a space with not enough 'air' around it.
    Trying hard to look like Allach, but might not be.
    I wont say a definite no to it though, as it isnt my field either.

?

Are these sold as replicas anywhere?

Austria.

I’ll play the Devil’s advocate. The question is, was this made during the so-called “NS Zeit” 1933-45? Many say “no” because the head lacks the look of a Reichadler. Others note the minor lack of symmetry of the wings. All are good observations. But those observations imply that there was a quality standard in the Third Reich that was demanding and exceptional that any item of this type had to, and did, meet. Surely, there were manufactures during that period who made, what were then patriotic items for sale, whose products did not meet the assumed high standards; items that were meant for public consumption and not official use. There were certainly enough Party members in Germany during that period who, if, the price was right, would have bought something like this and put it on his or her desk, table, or shelf. This could be something like that. It apparently does have a maker’s logo on it, so someone is taking credit for it. It is equally possible that it was made after the war to capitalize on the demand for TR items. But there is really no way to know that with certainty. My opinion is that it is what it is; a porcelain desk model Reichadler that was not made for official use, and has no particular significance. You may now beat me about the head and shoulders. Dwight

?

The head was the first thing I noticed also....

Hummel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast