Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a large oil painting of a Heer Panzer NCO from my collection. It was painted in 1942 by an artist named "A. Herrmann". I have never been able to find any info abou

Default Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO

Hi Guys, here is a large oil painting of a Heer Panzer NCO from my collection. It was painted in 1942 by an artist named "A. Herrmann". I have never been able to find any info about him. The way he signed the painting, joining the two letter N's together is interesting and distinctive.

The painting was purchased in the very early 1990's from Poland. It had some damage with several chips of paint missing, which I had restored. This happened went the seller dropped it! The canvas also needed to be rebacked to make the picture tight in the frame. All this cost rather a lot to do, but I felt the subject matter was worth the expence.

Sadly the soldier's identity is unknown. I often wonder if he made it though the war? There was some writing on the back of the canvas done in pencil which may well have been his name, but despite our best efforts and lighting under UV etc it was just illegible.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO   Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO
    P
    Many

operheim
    ?

Default re: Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO

Nice piece!

?

Default re: Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO

nice picture

Default Re: Portrait of a Heer Panzer NCO

Ade: I know restoration and framing is very expensive but it's well worth it. Very nice! It's a shame about the name. Does this hang proudly on your wall?

Luke

Hi Luke, thanks, it does indeed proudly hang on the wall of my room.

The guy who did the work was very professional and the work carried out is recorded on a tag on the back of the painting. My Dad was actually a picture framer for the first 38 years of his working life.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A lovely portrait Ade!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)