Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross

Article about: I purchased this cross to help a friend out, and, I like the workmanship. I am not really religious although in my younger years I had perfect attendance at Sunday School and had my first co

Default Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross

I purchased this cross to help a friend out, and, I like the workmanship.
    I am not really religious although in my younger years I had perfect attendance at Sunday School and had my first communion.
    My parents were Catholic in Germany before coming to Canada and I have both of my their rosaries. They became Anglican when they started a new life here.

I have read most of the threads that I could find regarding these and in this case although I have no proof, I feel that all things considered, this could very well have been used for this purpose. My understanding is that there were Catholic and Evangelist Chaplains in the service of the TR.
    I have viewed quite a few photos as well and it is clear which were the Evangelists, and which were the Catholics as the cross for the Protestants did not bear the figure of Christ whereas the cross for the Catholics did.

This example was made by a well known maker of awards and I do not believe they were considered a jeweler, so, why would CE Juncker have produced this item? My only reasoning leads me to believe they were actually made for Chaplains in the service.

I have read that there are many doubters and that makes for a fair discussion.
    I have added some photos which I have collected from various places on the net and I am unable to give credit everywhere it is due, so, I apologize for that.
    Although none of the photos matches exactly with this example, the similarities are evident.
    Ralph.

Last edited by rbminis; 01-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross
    P
    Many

Here are the photos I found.
    Ralph.

Andrew Harris Collection
    Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's CrossPossible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross
    Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's CrossPossible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross

Photo Credit: Naxos

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph- In one of my reference books it indicates that the catholic cross measured 6.1cm high & 4.7 cm wide and as you noted had the body of Jesus Christ on the cross. It also reflects that there were variations.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Ralph- In one of my reference books it indicates that the catholic cross measured 6.1cm high & 4.7 cm wide and as you noted had the body of Jesus Christ on the cross. It also reflects that there were variations.

Horst
    Interesting, as the variations worn on the photos appear to be larger than 6.1cm/4.7...
    BTW, CE Juncker was a Hof-Juwelier, a Royal Court-Jeweler as well as a producer of quality military awards...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Horst View Post

Horst
    Thank you Horst!
    Those dimensions seem rather small compared to this example and the photos I have included. This one is 11.2 cm by 5.6 cm and appears to similar in size to those I posted.
    Ralph.

P.S. I also found many photos with smaller crosses but my goal was to show those which appeared to be the same size as this one.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Horst!
    Those dimensions seem rather small compared to this example and the photos I have included. This one is 11.2 cm by 5.6 cm and appears to similar in size to those I posted.
    Ralph.

P.S. I also found many photos with smaller crosses but my goal was to show those which appeared to be the same size as this one.
    I think your cross compares very well with the photos shown...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Ralph - as I noted there were variations - I guess without Direct Provenance to a Military Chaplin it could be civilian as well.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Ralph - as I noted there were variations - I guess without Direct Provenance to a Military Chaplin it could be civilian as well.

Horst
    Of course it could be, but it also could have been worn by a Reichswehr-Era Chaplain or during WW II. That does not change the fact that it was produced by Juncker.
    There are many things in this hobby that we need to take with a grain of salt.
    It is entirely possible that this was the last thing that some of those poor souls saw. One can always imagine.
    Ralph.

?

My believes still go out to the fact that chaplains used whatever cross they had.
    I had a picture of a chaplain not too long ago, shame that the picture was too small to see the cross.
    I don't think there were crosses given out to chaplains in service, you'd think they already have their own, but this one seems to be just about the standard as I've seen it before on chaplains.

Regards,
    Bas

Here is one of the Feldpost-letters sent to the Oberpfarrer/Senior Chaplain's wife from their son, a Dresden LW-Flakhelfer - requesting personal necessities from home...
    I'll send this letter to you, Ralph...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross   Possible Kaplan's Kruez, Chaplain's Cross  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast