Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Hitler bust

Article about: I have a smaller heavy Hitler bust made of either copper or bronze am not really sure but did find out in a search of the artists name "Olaf Lemke" that his son is still alive in G

Default Question about Hitler bust

I have a smaller heavy Hitler bust made of either copper or bronze am not really sure but did find out in a search of the artists name "Olaf Lemke" that his son is still alive in Germany well known and in an article mentions his father produced busts during and after the war. when I first inherited it was affixed to a very heavy old Italian marble dual inkwell in the center it did't really look like it belonged there as it was loosly screwed on so I took it off, my question is does anybody have an idea of its value and if so did these come with inkwell sets? Also if I decide to sell it should I try to get a marble base for it or leave it as is? any opinions or info would be appreciated, have included picture in my hand to show size and inkwell it came on
    Question about Hitler bust Question about Hitler bust

Question about Hitler bustQuestion about Hitler bustQuestion about Hitler bust

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Hitler bust
    P
    Many

Hi KC. Not supposed to give values on this forum. I have no idea if that is an authentic Lemke. If it is original, it could be worth thousands. The angle of the neck on the bust tells me it probably did not belong on the ink well. Hitler would have been awkwardly staring at the ceiling. Nice inkwell though. I would say sell as is. I'm sure you will get more opinions.

?

Nice period bust , looks like just the right size for the ink set -
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Welcome to the forum AugustKC. I like the bust and think a keeper.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com