Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RAD Plaque & Train Sign

Article about: Here are a couple recent pieces I added to my collection in the RAD and Train Area. RAD Abteilung 1/215 Plaque & a small Frankfurt Train Sign in French and Italian: Believe it says "

?

Default RAD Plaque & Train Sign

Here are a couple recent pieces I added to my collection in the RAD and Train Area.

RAD Abteilung 1/215 Plaque & a small Frankfurt Train Sign in French and Italian: Believe it says
    "Do not lean outside and dangerous over reach".

Rossi

RAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train SignRAD Plaque & Train Sign
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Plaque & Train Sign
    P
    Many

?

Hello Rossi,
    Very nice items you have there. I particularly like the oval RAD plaque. I think that might be the same one I had been looking at not too long ago. The dealer had a round plaque for the RAD also which is the one I eventually picked up. Very impressive plaque that you show.
    Duzig(Bill)

The oval RAD shield is being faked for 40 years. It always missed the
    hook to hang the shield. And so I am suspicious!

The train stuff might be quite recent. I am not quite sure, but for
    me it is post-war! The last time I saw it in a train is about 15-20
    years ago!

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    The oval RAD shield is being faked for 40 years. It always missed the
    hook to hang the shield. And so I am suspicious!

The train stuff might be quite recent. I am not quite sure, but for
    me it is post-war! The last time I saw it in a train is about 15-20
    years ago!
    Thanks Wim. Anyone else want to weigh in on the train sign and also the RAD plaque with provenance of being post WWII? I was actually surprised to see this and disappointed as well. Thought my judgement was pretty good but may have missed the sniff on the signage and plaque.

?

---- > the train plaque was brought back with a number of other ones in the 1950s so I do not think if it quite recent but if you want to believe that then feel free to and the RAD plaque has the hanging device broken off, as I told the seller I will take the items back for a refund, thank you John T

ps. I have sold tens of thousands of original items and will continue to do so, have a good day.

?

Hello,
    I didn't even know they made repros of these. I thank you for that info also Wim. I still think yours looks good Rossi & would like to hear others opinions. Information is always a good thing to get.
    thanks again
    Duzig(Bill)

?

My thoughts on a John T and the items below. Sorry for double post

?

Smile

John Telesmanich is one of the best guys as far as customer service and being a quality entity to work with on things. Have also seen John give his time to the collecting community as well. I am a little up in the air.

Would love to see more weight, detail & assesments thrown in on this as well. They are only signage and not a chained SS dagger or SS Lid with the wrong quist decal or round bottom fake. Bottom line John already offered a full return no questions asked and a refund.

If they are post 1945 they must be prevalent in Europe as I have never come across either item in 33 years of collecting, going to auctions, militaria hotel buys, Europe myself and Vet Buys. Does not mean John or Wim are mistaken either way but would love some other opinions as well and anything that would point to 1960s and 1970s production.

?

Hello,
    I agree 100% with what Rossi has said regarding JohnT & also over the years haven't seen that many of them for sale so also think they'd be more prevalent on the market if they were being reproduced in any amount.
    I like the one Rossi showed and as I mentioned was looking at it to buy. I also would like to hear other opinions, not particularly about this piece but these items in general. As I said I didn't even know they were being reproduced if they are, and glad to have that bit of info in the event they are being reproduced. Hope others with any info on these add to this thread.
    thanks,
    Duzig(Bill)

?

I can't help to validate or otherwise... I have seen these before and in my mind.. From far away places the shipping just wasn't worth it.. Here is another example currently being offered for sale... Sorry for the crap pics. This one has the hanging loop if that makes a difference ( ? ) G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Plaque & Train Sign   RAD Plaque & Train Sign  

RAD Plaque & Train Sign   RAD Plaque & Train Sign  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast