MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

RARE Thrid Reich Plaque

Article about: Found this earlier while online surfing. The website said it was extremely rare and was used as an early front door plaque, but not much more. Also had a high value, which doesn't mean anyth

Default RARE Thrid Reich Plaque

Found this earlier while online surfing. The website said it was extremely rare and was used as an early front door plaque, but not much more. Also had a high value, which doesn't mean anything. I was shocked to see it and knew I had seen it before. I believe I still have an opportunity to puchase this item for less than 20 USD. Just wondering if anyone on here has any insight to this plaque, any info would be very much appreciated, for this forum alway far excesses my level of knowledge.

RARE Thrid Reich Plaque

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RARE Thrid Reich Plaque
    P
    Many

Default Re: RARE Thrid Reich Plaque

This particular plaque has been discussed here before. They Did actually exist, but were faked fairly extensively and even pre-aged. I would not trust any of these pieces today without a bulletproof history.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Is there some key word I could search here in past forms to see the discussions on it. Thanks for the reply. I know the seller has no idea what he has, still could be fake though. For the price a chance maybe worth it, that and im sure I could get a refund.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for goin gout of our way, very kind. Thank again . When I buy it Monday ill post it.

?

You should first request dimensions and weight measurements, that way you can compare to known pieces, as the modern copies are likely constructed of very cheap lightweight metal. They are nice little decorative items, but as has been said above, be wary as these are around in the form of reproductions too. The shot of the obverse alone makes me want to ask for further images, especially of the reverse and the edges, as they will tell the tale as to how long this piece has been gracing the Earth. Good luck, and remember, it is only worth a chance if it has a chance. Do as much homework as possible before you place your bid.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Carl, I remember it was made of heavy porcelain and had some light use to it. I know that just this is not enough evidence but I feel comfortable enough with the seller to risk 10 bucks. I honestly believe that if I am unsatisfied he would have no problem refunding my payment. Athough I must say I really don't care to have anymore fakes in my collection no matter what the price is. Knowing that the only historical value my artifact has is some con artist pawing off of an eager collector kills me inside. I collect of the history an object has and obesely a reproduction doesn't have the history I seek.