Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Reich Chancellery marble

Article about: Oh, now I see her!.........lol

Default Reich Chancellery marble

G'day all,
    I found a piece of marble from the ruins of the Reich Chancellery online, it had been for sale but had sold, would anyone know where
    I could find a piece? A bizzare request I know but I think I could make up a nice display with it if I could track a piece down as I have some paper with a Reich Chancellery letterhead on it's way to me that was picked up in the ruins in July 1945. Any help or advice apreciated. As always, thanks folks,

Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reich Chancellery marble
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reich Chancellery marble

Hello Dave, Not Exactly what you were looking for, I know, but this website does have chunks of the Chancellery Floor tiles for sale. Not particularly cheap,however...
    rare original 1933 two volume soft cover set Mein Kampf

Ignore the "mein kampf" title on the link-it takes you to the tiles when you click on it anyway..lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Dave, Not Exactly what you were looking for, I know, but this website does have chunks of the Chancellery Floor tiles for sale. Not particularly cheap,however...
    rare original 1933 two volume soft cover set Mein Kampf

Ignore the "mein kampf" title on the link-it takes you to the tiles when you click on it anyway..lol
    Interesting. Is there any credibility behind these marble tiles? I had never heard of this unil you posted this link. Seems like something rather easy to make up and sell as authentic.

I have no idea, but the seller lists many many Nazi documents, newspapers, books, etc, and most all of them look pretty much original, so I can't see any reason to doubt that these too would be genuine. I just happened across this while doing a totally unrelated search and remembered Dave's post!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

little pieces of the bridge of Remagen are being sold from the museum of peace there for €20 , they measure about 2"x3", yet outside there are huge chunks of the bridge just laying there, i should have picked up one of the chunks and walked away, but it goes to show what people will sell to make a buck, but i dont think i would buy anything that i havent picked up from the actual place myself, its like having a bit of concrete with a bit of rebar through it and saying its from a command bunker on Omaha beach

Quote by davejb View Post
    little pieces of the bridge of Remagen are being sold from the museum of peace there for €20 , they measure about 2"x3", yet outside there are huge chunks of the bridge just laying there, i should have picked up one of the chunks and walked away, but it goes to show what people will sell to make a buck, but i dont think i would buy anything that i havent picked up from the actual place myself, its like having a bit of concrete with a bit of rebar through it and saying its from a command bunker on Omaha beach
    Same goes for the Berlin Wall... they sell pieces but you can just go to a section of the wall that's still standing and take a chunk for yourself.

I was in Berlin in 2008... here's a picture I took of a classmate climbing the wall:
    Reich Chancellery marble

Trouble is Western Australia is a bloody long way from anywhere so I can't pick up anything myself although I'd love to! I can't get the page to load, I'm on my iPhone at work just now but I'll try to have a look when I get home on the other computer. Thanks William, I appreciate you thinking of me.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Same goes for the Berlin Wall... they sell pieces but you can just go to a section of the wall that's still standing and take a chunk for yourself.

I was in Berlin in 2008... here's a picture I took of a classmate climbing the wall:
    Reich Chancellery marble
    Are you sure you were taking a picture of the wall Joe

Quote by davejb View Post
    Are you sure you were taking a picture of the wall Joe
    Yes?

East Side Gallery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

It wouldnt have been the young ladys tight jeans now would it ?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast