Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE sign

Article about: Here's an interesting one I picked up some time back. It's on thin cardboard/thick paper and has two holes on top for hanging. Seems to me that this is a sign promoting a 24 hour ambulance s

Default S.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE sign

Here's an interesting one I picked up some time back. It's on thin cardboard/thick paper and has two holes on top for hanging. Seems to me that this is a sign promoting a 24 hour ambulance service provided by the SA. Anyone know what "FFM.-HÖCHST" means?

Either way. an unusual and nice looking addition to my sign collection Hope you like!

S.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE signS.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE signS.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE signS.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE signS.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE signS.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. RETTUNGS-WACHE sign
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Anyone know what "FFM.-HÖCHST" means?
    "Frankfurt am Main - Höchst". Höchst is a city district of Frankfurt am Main, a city that is commonly abbreviated as "FfM".

Thank you, HPL... nice to know where it came from! It's not a big ticket item, for sure, but I still think it's a cool addition to my collection --- anyone ever seen similar signs? Comments welcome..

175 views and 1 reply, well... either people think it's bad, don't like it or they simply can't be bothered commenting. Oh well, at least I learnt a bit of new info on it here --- thanks again HPL!

?

I've been collecting SA memorabilia for quite a few years and I've never seen this before. It would have to date from the period before 1937, if I remember correctly, because after that the Red Cross insignia was not used by the SA. I can't tell anything about authenticity from the photos, but if the paper/pasteboard is UV negative, and it is printed in a method that was contemporary to the period, it may certainly be original. Interestingly, the Druck Lorenz Bauer is still in business in Höchst, although their telephone number has changed~
    Erich

Quote by slados28 View Post
    175 views and 1 reply, well... either people think it's bad, don't like it or they simply can't be bothered commenting
    There is mate a fourth possibility - that people do find it interesting but like me, know nothing that can add to the thread.
    Last edited by Danmark; 10-25-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Erich:

Thanks for chiming in! It wasn't that I felt this was a huge deal in any way but , like you seem to confirm, rather that it seemed a pretty unusual piece... didn't cost much at all and I kind of picked it up at random thinking it looked like a nice out of the ordinary item. The cardboard/pasteboard is completely UV-negative -- I may have to examine closer to check printing method but there's nothing so far that would imply if's a fake/repro to me. Will be interesting checking up close though!

Danmark:

Yes, of course... the often overlooked fourth possibility... I can appreciate that and what I said surely wasn't meant as harshly as it may have read. But, then again, I would like you to correct the quote you posted as you appear to have added an exclamation mark ! to it, for whatever reason, that was not part of my original post

Quote corrected ..... sorry.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you, Danmark. No biggie but exclamation marks really makes a statement "pop" (as they say) and, in this case, not in a positive sense.