Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA desk Eagle, repaired ?

Article about: I got it from another collector a while ago and i didn't talk much about the eagle so i don't have much info im afraid. Here is another picture with the screw taken off

Default SA desk Eagle, repaired ?

Hi guys i just want to know what you think a piece like this would be worth?

The foot is missing so it can't stand up on the table like i've seen others doo and it seems like the wing has been repaired in some kind of way

SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?SA desk Eagle, repaired ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA desk Eagle, repaired ?
    P
    Many

That one is a bitch to call, what is the asking price and is it on a website?

I think I would walk away and wait for another example.

Actually it's my own and im trying to sell it and i really don't know what to ask for...i have seen an example with a complete foot in great condition for 525€ and i know that the sprain in the wing and the lack of the foot is drawing the price down a bit but i can't tell how much....

Shame about the damage, it looks like solid bronze, I think many others are just cast iron in many cases.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Bronze is it ? i tought it was Brass

Quote by MetalCrue1 View Post
    Actually it's my own and im trying to sell it and i really don't know what to ask for...i have seen an example with a complete foot in great condition for 525€ and i know that the sprain in the wing and the lack of the foot is drawing the price down a bit but i can't tell how much....
    It does not have the proper rear mount for the stand, which would make it a plaque mount. But bronze would be early and the cast is not at all clean and while that is possible its generally on later examples where you see them go off the scale. The broken wing is a major knock and I cant even tell if its real. Could be, but have doubts.

I've also tought of that mount for the stand compared to the others so i wonder how this has been fitted to it

Quote by MetalCrue1 View Post
    I've also tought of that mount for the stand compared to the others so i wonder how this has been fitted to it
    Most likely an early plaque, but someone used an over sized screw for the thread mount to the rear breast, its really sloppy and in line with the cast iron fakes which it should not be when found made of that material. It might have been finished at one time but no sign of it anywhere. Swastika clean but field details are soft and may be covered in grunge of some sort. I don't know but not what I would expect and yet the cast aside from being sloppy appears proper. Where did it come from?>

This is the same material and has the split stand mount at the breast. His pictures are small but to give you an idea. Early Political Desk Eagle

You can see its close to the rear of the wreath and swastika and condition is different, still soft even on that bird.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast