Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Snuff box

Article about: I've got this little piece in my collection of memorabilia but never sought to find out a bit more about it. It seems obvious that it is a snuff box/holder, made of brass and about 2 inches

Default Snuff box

I've got this little piece in my collection of memorabilia but never sought to find out a bit more about it. It seems obvious that it is a snuff box/holder, made of brass and about 2 inches across but other than that I know nothing of it. Has anyone any insight as to whether they were just used by officers? Whether Heer/Luftwaffe/Kriegsmarine had different types of holders etc.... Any info would be gratefully received. Thanks. Mark.Snuff box[ATTACH=CONFIG]Snuff box[ATTACH=CONFIG]Snuff box[ATTACH=CONFIG]Snuff boxSnuff box

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snuff box
    P
    Many

?

IV. Reich-Fantasy!
    Sorry!

I have to agree.

There was no such thing as an officially-issued snuff box in any uniformed service.

The design of this one is based on the circular belt buckle worn by NSDAP political leaders.

It's the type of stuff seen a few years ago in the Polish flea markets

Thanks for replying guys. Always good to know. I like the piece however so will keep it in the cabinet.