Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?

Article about: Just got back from Gettyburg and picked this up at a local shop. It is plaster with a few chips here and there Know nothing about these but it wasn't expensive so if I did not chose wisely,

MAP
    ?

Default Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?

Just got back from Gettyburg and picked this up at a local shop. It is plaster with a few chips here and there

Know nothing about these but it wasn't expensive so if I did not chose wisely, it will still display nicely.

What do you think? Real or fake?

Thanks!

Michael

Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier Bust - Plaster...Thoughts?
    P
    Many

?

Like it either way
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Thanks Rossi. It's a nice little piece and will go great with a display. But would be nice to know if it is real.

If it is not, I plan on touching it up a bit with some gold paint.

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Rossi. It's a nice little piece and will go great with a display. But would be nice to know if it is real.

If it is not, I plan on touching it up a bit with some gold paint.

M
    I had one once in metal with a German label that was WWII vintage. It had a marble base. This could be period but just from pics it looks maybe post war but I would have to see it. If you like it I would not worry about it.

MAP
    ?

When I bought it, I suspected it was post war. It's nice but I just don't see it lasting 70+ years in this condition being made out of a chalky plaster.

Of course the store owner had a story to go with it...LoL!

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    When I bought it, I suspected it was post war. It's nice but I just don't see it lasting 70+ years in this condition being made out of a chalky plaster.

Of course the store owner had a story to go with it...LoL!
    Did he give u a LOA and a signed artist proof along with the soldier who posed for the sculpture? Cause that would be da bomb 👍

MAP
    ?

LoL...no. It was a nice store though. Had a really nice 1917 USMC helmet with a flash that I was tempted and some nice Japanese stuff.

MAP
    ?

Any other thoughts??

I'm going to go with it being a good prewar piece Michael.
    We have lots of similar things here in the Uk that were produced around and in the 30s.

If I find anything similar in any old catalogues I'll let you know.

All the best
    Doug

MAP
    ?

Thanks Doug. Happy to hear. Was bought out of a shop on consignment. Supposedly from an old collection.

Whatever, it will display nicely in the collection.

Regards

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast