Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Soldiers Jewelry Box

Article about: Two III Reich soldier jewelry boxes in silver reflecting a decaled helmet on the lid - both are a little different on the inside one is lined with felt the other a wooden box, both are appro

?

Default Soldiers Jewelry Box

Two III Reich soldier jewelry boxes in silver reflecting a decaled helmet on the lid - both are a little different on the inside one is lined with felt the other a wooden box, both are approx 3" in diameter.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers Jewelry Box   Soldiers Jewelry Box  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldiers Jewelry Box
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Soldiers Jewelry Box

*these are great pieces. They are 'one lookers'. Way better to have these than a bunch of questionable medals and badges!

Hi Horst, I missed this post when you put it up I guess. I think these two boxes are very classey. I'm sure that the soldiers who owned these were very proud of them. Personal items of soldiers are so interesting.

Take care,
    Jay

?

Jay - Glad you liked them -

Horst

Something similar from my collection. A German Luftwaffe officers cigarette box. Wooden interior. Very nice items to have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers Jewelry Box   Soldiers Jewelry Box  

Soldiers Jewelry Box  

?

Alan - Great box and good for storing goodies in -

I have one also but it has a Heer emblem on the helmet and also used for storing odds and ends.

Horst

very nice personal items,,anyone have any other variants to share?...

Lovely box!!! Are these rare? Because they don't come up all the time. My box is about 6"x4" depth of 2" + 1/4" for the feet.

Your Wehrmacht box is very similar to my Lufty. With the laurels and the helmet.

And they are great pieces for storing goodies in. They are like mini treasure chests and look good on a desk :-)

?

Alan - My box is approx the same size as yours - The wooden insert does come out, I guess that yours does also?
    As to rare, I dont think that they are considered rare but they are not that common either, they also come with various emblems on the lids depending what branch of service either military or political ,the owner was affiliated with.
    As you stated makes a great desk top conversational item.

Horst

My wooden insert doesn't come out. The box has been designed with a fold along the top, so that the wood always remains in place.

I would say from studying the box, that the wood insert was placed in from underneath, with a solid metal base plate fitted and then screwed to the underside. The feet have been brazed onto the body of the box. All done very neatly typical German quality