Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

"SS chalice", the III Reich "Holy Grail" or another fantasy item??

Article about: Hello everybody! A good friend of mine recently purchased from another collector in the US, some good items including a genuine early SS Kreb sword, some daggers and badges, all top quality!

What is your quest ??

To seek the SS Chalice

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "SS chalice", the III Reich "Holy Grail" or another fantasy item??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

My two cents on this ain't worth much but......it this really is a "holy grail" or "one off" item, without irrefutable provenance as to how it was obtained, there is almost NO way to confirm if it is real. Even if it is obsidian, for all anyone knows it was made recently. There is nothing to compare it to. Only a scientific study with the appropriate equipment could potentially determine if there is appropriate amount of patina in the engraved parts of the chalice (and even then this is not 100% accurate with only 70 years of potential age - just look at the debacle on the James Ossuary which was 2,000 years old)

So....if your friend does decide to go, at the very least he should have the seller confirm before he steps on a plane that there is documentary evidence confirming it's authenticity (example: see Silberkreuz recent post on Hitler revolver - Adolf Hiter's Smith & Wesson, serial 709.)

It think it is a con job or worse yet, an item that the gentleman should not have in his possession (i.e. illegally obtained)

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default chalice

Well, Wish your friend Good luck....G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "SS chalice", the III Reich "Holy Grail" or another fantasy item??  

?

No pictures no deal...the seller knows you have access to forums with good people within them. So the item is garbage or stolen. How many thousands are lost in such set ups.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This is all garbage...The "Chalice", the story...You couldn't both possibly be that stupid and have survived into adulthood...You are wasting everybody's time here with this absurdity...Nazi UFOs are next, I suppose...
    cheers, Glenn
    I acually do remember a post on this forum where a black chalice/goblet was found and turned out to be real TR. Looks very high quality so why wouldnt the SS have one for hi ranking officers?
    I will try find that old thread

Searched hi and low but i cant find the thread. It was a black and you could see throught it a little. Had eagle and swazi and really well made. Pretty sure it turned out to be Czech

Glenn said it all. Who can really identify what it is? It maybe period and it may be fantasy junk. It is likely a one of a kind item and therefore, if period made, the value is of a curiosity and nothing more. To pay a large price for a piece unknown to the collecting world would be foolish. The lack of picture sharing says a lot.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 01-12-2015 at 03:11 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Wasn't it made in reality of deep deep purple amethyst glass? This chalice from the OP is supposed to be solid Obsidian?? Even more reason to doubt it..

Edited: Ah! Dark Brown glass, I see! I knew it wasn't Black, in any case! lol
    Last edited by Wagriff; 12-01-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

It's made from beautiful Nigerian obsidian.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Searched hi and low but i cant find the thread. It was a black and you could see throught it a little. Had eagle and swazi and really well made. Pretty sure it turned out to be Czech
    Tailor marc,

That is mine. Here is the link. Your memory is good.. Concensus was probably Czech and legit. But mine (while I love it) is just glass and was relatively inexpensive.

German Glass Gobblet

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast