Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS desk ornament?

Article about: Does this one stand any chance? Not maker marked. Approx 6inches tall on marble base.

?

Default SS desk ornament?

Does this one stand any chance? Not maker marked. Approx 6inches tall on marble base.SS desk ornament?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS desk ornament?
    P
    Many

Hello Al,
    Could be, but I don't like the angles of the cuts on the runes.
    It would be difficult to tell without more photos, possibly the underside.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

its one of those ,who knows items.

?

I am very sceptical when it comes to items like this. It needs a in-hand inspection. And also lets not forget a post 45 produced "3th reich" produced item that were made back in the 70s or even the 80s can be difficult to identificate if it has been stored poorly for 30years.

I personally has grown extremely sceptical the last years when it comes to anything "SS" because of the ever increasing amount of post45 produced "3th reich" relics.

It would have been interesting to know if the makers of such marble stands were allowed to use marble from different suppliers, or only one. If so i would believe there should exist an example somewhere were we can see the grains/pattern in the "approved" marble, this again will give us the option to use tools and see if the type of marble is different. If several suppliers were used, there should still exist "approved" suppliers of this marble.

I hope my english is understandable.

?

Your English was perfect!You came through Loud and Clear TrondK. I think I have more errors in my post!!!!! But I agree. If there are no markings on a unique item. well, I know a couple of guys that can do that with a plasma cutter and can cut and polish marble.(live near mexico) So it is up to you alikat. If you want something like this with out markings. I'm sure I could work something out!!!
    But wait for the experts to chime in.
    Semper Fi
    Phil