Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS mug

Article about: I just received this SS mug. My first thought was fake.. But the person and story behind the mug seem legit. Let me know what you think!

?

Default SS mug

I just received this SS mug. My first thought was fake..
    But the person and story behind the mug seem legit.
    Let me know what you think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS mug   SS mug  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS mug
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

You where correct to think Fake.

?

Thank you. But what makes you so certain?

?

The type paint, glaze and style are incorrect for the period. I do like the way it looks though. Displays nicely.

CBH
    ?

Besides the above mentioned details, originals are also volume marked usually .5L or similar.
    These come out of Eastern Europe and look nothing like period originals.

?

. The logo is with plated gold. I still think it might be original because of the fact it's plated gold. Why would they use this material for a remake?

Quote by Stg34 View Post
    . The logo is with plated gold. I still think it might be original because of the fact it's plated gold. Why would they use this material for a remake?
    "Per Ardua"

By what means have you determined that it is gold-plated? Gold-coloured paint with no actual gold content does exist. And fakers would use that for the same reason they'd slap on a big old pair of SS runes: Because it's eye-catching.

B.B.

Quote by Stg34 View Post
    Let me know what you think!
    So you are convinced because of the gold plating that this is authentic and period ?
    Isnt gold plate used also in todays market on everything ranging from wedding invitations to watches , cups. and fabric?

Im sure you have heard buy the item and not the story ?
    Authenticity supports the story ...and until other examples of this type can be found the Gents here have answered your inquiry of their thoughts.
    If you further feel it is real without further documentation ..I would say please enjoy the mug..it does display nicely

Perhaps another forum elsewhere will tell you want you want to hear ..as what is studied and researched here is either painful or pleasurable truth.
    Have you tried the forums search engine for other type examples...or even google itself ?

The Community is trying to help you.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I rotated the picture to make easier for us to see. I know nothing about these mugs, but I trust what these Forum members are telling you, simply because they know what they are talking about. Dwight
    SS mug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast