Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?

Article about: Good day. Came across this interesting object, looks to have connection with dutch SS troops ( truppenabzeichen!? ) in german army. I don't understand dutch, so I can't say what is written o

Default SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?

Good day.
    Came across this interesting object, looks to have connection with dutch SS troops ( truppenabzeichen!? ) in german army. I don't understand dutch, so I can't say what is written on the reverse of it. I can see it's dated 1943 and has two sigantures, one looks to be I.D.Vonck or Vonek!?
    Maybe someone can attribute it?
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?   SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?  

SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?   SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?
    P
    Many

Hi Peter ..I moved your thread to the Arts and Exotica forum as this plaque is not SS uniform or insignia related

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Peter ..I moved your thread to the Arts and Exotica forum as this plaque is not SS uniform or insignia related

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry.
    Regards,
    Peter

I don't speak Dutch either, but I can tell you that the shield is simply the lesser coat-of-Arms for the Netherlands.

Coat of arms of the Netherlands - Wikipedia

It was not used as a badge/insignia by the Dutch SS volunteers.

CBH
    ?

I agree with HPL as usual, SS-Nederland wore a try-coloured National shield, SS-Langemarch wore a black lion on yellow background.

Thanks gentleman! I must agree with You.
    Best regards,
    Peter

hello,

nothing military!
    It was given to that person by the parents of (I think it says...) Jetje...for the appreciation of the visit.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by CBH View Post
    I agree with HPL as usual, SS-Nederland wore a try-coloured National shield, SS-Langemarch wore a black lion on yellow background.
    Hey Chris,

but the black lion on a yellow field doesn't hold anything in his claws and wears no crown.
    And he is Flemish, nothing to do with the Dutch! ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Yes I was going to state that, I missed out on a beautiful field made example years ago, I still think about it.
    The only one even close is the Finish national shield, which is a Lion in Rampart with a sword in hand (Paw) and one below.

?

This is the logo (or emblem) of the 'Nederlandsche Unie', this was a political movement wich was founded on 24 July 1940 during the German occupation of Holland. It excisted only for a short time and was disbanded by the Germans in december 1941.

There is a wikipedia page about this movement but only in Dutch and German. It is not a movement I have a lot of knowledge about but I do know this emblem they used.

So the item starting this thread is an original World War 2 period item. Looks like it is dated '43 on the reverse.

Forgot to add these:
    SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?SS Niederlande Truppenabzeichen!?

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 02-17-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast