Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl

Article about: Hello WRF, I'd like to lean on some of the more knowledgeable folks here about these pieces. What's a good price range? For example I've seen cups sell for \\$50 and for \\$200. The range seems

Default SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl

Hello WRF,

I'd like to lean on some of the more knowledgeable folks here about these pieces. What's a good price range? For example I've seen cups sell for $50 and for $200. The range seems crazy. Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl   SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl  

SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl   SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Plate, Luft Cup, Police Bowl
    P
    Many

?

Hello, the forum does not evaluate items so much as help authenticate and discuss them at length. I can't speak on authenticity as this is not my area of collecting but generally speaking, SS items always fetch higher values than others. I also find that Polizei bowl interesting because the marking is clearly visible on the outside and not on the bottom as usual, making it a great piece to display. You need to peruse the militaria websites and find similar items in similar condition to get a proper feel for prices. Keep in mind that those are retail prices by dealers and the real price will possibly be about 60 to 70% of the going price on websites. I'm sure others with more experience in this area will provide their insights as well.

Good luck, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Hello, the forum does not evaluate items so much as help authenticate and discuss them at length. I can't speak on authenticity as this is not my area of collecting but generally speaking, SS items always fetch higher values than others. I also find that Polizei bowl interesting because the marking is clearly visible on the outside and not on the bottom as usual, making it a great piece to display. You need to peruse the militaria websites and find similar items in similar condition to get a proper feel for prices. Keep in mind that those are retail prices by dealers and the real price will possibly be about 60 to 70% of the going price on websites. I'm sure others with more experience in this area will provide their insights as well.

Good luck, Al
    Thanks Al for the info. I just wasn't sure if the forum would be able to help with value, but that's fine. I'd welcome any additional comments about the pieces as well.

The cup looks ok. Looks like the handle has some damage or was fixed at some point. The smaller Luftwaffe cups like that sale for about $125-$150 depending on condition. I tend to stay away from the SS pieces, so I don't have a clue on the one you posted. I've also never seen an SS piece marked like that before. I've also never seen a police item marked on the outside of the piece. As per Aldo I've only seen them marked on the bottom. Does it have a makers mark on the bottom?

Here's the bottom. It's pretty clean, except for a small "2" on the bottom rim. The insignia has a raised feel to it. I got it from a dealer some years back.

Good catch on the cup, it does have a small crack on the handle part closest to the cup.

Yeah I'm not sold on the police bowl. typically I like to have some kind of makers mark. I research the porcelain pieces for similar items and markings. If I can't find anything that resembles the item I'm researching I tend to stay away from them. Here is the usual makers mark I tend to find on police porcelain:

The Collector's Guild

I'm hoping some of the others who collect the TR porcelain will chime in on these items.

Quote by wharfrat57 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sold on the police bowl. typically I like to have some kind of makers mark. I research the porcelain pieces for similar items and markings. If I can't find anything that resembles the item I'm researching I tend to stay away from them. Here is the usual makers mark I tend to find on police porcelain:

The Collector's Guild

I'm hoping some of the others who collect the TR porcelain will chime in on these items.

Thanks for the info. I found one other with similar markings here on WRF just browsing around. Interestingly enough, The Collector's Guild is where this bowl came from.