Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS polizei division platter

Article about: Hi, can you say this The original??? and what it cost approximately?

Default SS polizei division platter

Hi, can you say this The original??? and what it cost approximately?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS polizei division platter   SS polizei division platter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS polizei division platter
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 german polizei division

I'm hesitant. The whole stamp looks like it's not right and / I may be wrong, but I just found some old "silver" sets only to find out they
    are silver clad like this does. I would think these would be real silver.

Hope I'm wrong as usual,
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

As you said Rudy I would also be hesitant aswell. I also could be wrong but I dont get that warm fuzzy feeling about it.

Eric

how much can cost???

Well with a "name" like silverrr I would have thought you'd be up on that part.
    I think the start of your search is found on the back of your plate and that is very interesting. Front is, in my opinion still questionable.

The back shows a rectangle with a W then MF under it. You should do a close up of that area.
    "Wurttembergische Metallwaren Fabrik" ... found under Silverplate Marks ~ Worldwide. Do a Google and you may be surprised. Unfortunately if the Polizei Div. stamp is a fake it may also have ruined a nice platter.

Happy hunting and please let us know what you find,
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

I agree with both Eric and Rudy on this one, caution is the better part of valor. The Polizei emblem is inlaid and seems to be a pretty good representation. However, this obviously would have been a private purchase item, and with that in mind, it's almost inconceivable they would not have listed what division the giftee was in. I guess it could have been some kind of generic gift. Real or not, I would not know the value or cost as you say silverrr.

Jay