Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info

Article about: what is there to watch in fakes on silverware? the box for these is SS marked, but is it simple for someone to duplicate? as well as the spoons?

Default SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info

what is there to watch in fakes on silverware? the box for these is SS marked, but is it simple for someone to duplicate? as well as the spoons?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info   SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info

Totally fake. Fantasy box with an old set of spoons with bogus markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Is there any silver ware like this out there that's real? Or is a lot of silver a forged collectible? I have this in my posseion and its very convincing. What other silver items is there to look out for?

Most SS tableware was not silver. It was regular mess hall stuff, in stainless steel etc, usually marked "SS Reich".

My advice is to avoid this type of exotica.

Other types of silverware out there is that used by Hitler, sets for the Reich Chancellry, Goring, etc. All heavily and well faked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much for the info.

Does that mean any silver ware in general is faked like that? either NSDAP or SS?

?

I reckon anything they can etch on SS runes or a Hakenkruez can faked........

Have you seen silverware sets like this before? is there anyway to tell by a makers mark if they were military related? on the back of the spoons are the markings "Alpacca" I had purchased it from a very repitable source for German collectibles in the US with very succesful credentials

The pics here are another set I had purchased at the same time. what can you tell me about these ones?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info   SS Silverware set - Newbie seeking info  

any info on the recent pics as well would be greatly appreciated

Sorry, once agan these are old spoons with bogus markings added to them and the box.

This practise is rife. Ask for a refund. I have a good idea where these were bought from: snyders treasures?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast