Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS unit marked banner

Article about: Hi I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on an SS unit banner currently for sale on Classic Firearms & Para Classics. .i.e. is it real or a copy?? It is listed under new

Default SS unit marked banner

Hi
    I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on an SS unit banner currently for sale on Classic Firearms & Para Classics. .i.e. is it real or a copy?? It is listed under new additions.
    thanks
    nic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS unit marked banner
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: SS unit marked banner

Not a period piece.

not a chance, not even close sorry

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

They sure want enough for it, if it is a repro! Must be THEY think it is genuine - or they are thieves. Wonder which it is?

To be honest, and fair, it is a hard call to make, it doesn't seem to have the workmanship, or the quality you would expect to see. The runes do not look right for one, the material looks wrong too, however we could all be wrong ,as it could be real..... but for me it sure looks like the Delta fake from the 70's.

Do look at Bob Hritz's and Bob Coleman's flags, and you will then think rather less of this piece. Units in the Allgem. SS had much different flags, as you know. This is based on an SS Hausfahne and them embellished. It strikes me as very fake.

Thankyou for your opinions..much appreciated...the ss runes looked fake to me but as an amateur i was unsure..i will steer clear of this banner.
    thanks

Hi Nic, the seller is mainly a gun dealer. Looking at his website much of the non gun related items are bad. I have seen him at shows and again many of the non gun items were bad, mainly caps.

Cheers, Ade.