Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS watch

Article about: My only interest in the watch,apart from it being my fathers,is I would like to give it back to the family it belongs to, there is a short story that goes with the watch but I really dont wa

?

I think it is possible a soldier engraved his number into a watch, but I also think it is unlikely and sounds more like a faker trying to put it on normal watch to lift the price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS watch
    P
    Many

Let's face it....We're going nowhere here.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Somehow, you just know that a thread titled "SS watch" is not going to be worth reading before even clicking on it.

Perhaps it looks like one of these little beauties
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS watch   SS watch  

Well you can doubt all you like ,but it is the gods truth, thats exactly how I found out,I can prove all of it ,but really dont see why i should ,I can give the number from inside the watch but am reluctant to do so,I have stated what I have been told by a respected jeweller, I know my father came home from the war with the watch,but if you cannot help me please refraim from casting doubts on my post ,thank

Don't take it the wrong way mate, nobody is saying you aren't being truthful it's just an unlikely scenario. The jeweller may be mistaken in his interpretation. Pics of the watch would help, but really we need to see the engraving itself.

I have posted a pic of the watch,I, cannot get at the actual number and insignia,he is not a old demented man ,he is originally from Poland and him and his son run a very well thought of jewellers shop, when he told me about it he was very shaken up and questioned me at length where I got the watch from,he told me a bit of the history of the watch ,and told me with a bit of skill I may very well find out who owned it originally,but he was in absolutely no doubt what so ever it is original and genuine.

Errobill, what you have to understand is we've seen thousands of these watches, almost all thus far being fake. The skepticism and even sarcasm from the fellow forum members is due to this and the fact that pictures have still not been provided. Please do feel free to post them ASAP and prove "us" wrong. I can promise you there are some extremely knowledge collectors and historians here, you aren't wasting your time.
    By the way, my mother is Jewish and we too lost many relatives during the period in camps( it should be noted that doesn't necessarily mean by the hands of the SS as so many think). I have even gone as far to research said family members. Quite a sad thing.
    Good luck with your search sir, I hope we can be of some kind of assistance.

dont look like any of those two,dont think they belonged to an SS officer ,

Many of the fakes in our hobby reside and/or originate in Poland and other Eastern European countries. I highly doubt any jeweler is a "expert" in Holocaust and Nazi German artifacts. As said, he may be honestly mistaken. It could also be he took a lucky guess, and it's authentic. Either way, we need pictures, which currently I can not see if you've already posted them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast