Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SS Wrist watch

Article about: Hi, since i have never heard of an ss watch, i am pretty sure this is a fantasy item. Could very well be field made, but i doubt it. Anyway seems a cool collectable.

Default SS Wrist watch

Hi, since i have never heard of an ss watch, i am pretty sure this is a fantasy item.
    Could very well be field made, but i doubt it. Anyway seems a cool collectable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wrist watch   SS Wrist watch  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Wrist watch SS Wrist watch 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wrist watch
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Wrist watch

Hi Nuno, these are fantasy items. Folks take old period watches and add fake decals to the dials.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Its a real shame people do this they could actually be destroying the true value of the watch which could have been worth a fair deal of money on its own

Quote by davejb View Post
    Its a real shame people do this they could actually be destroying the true value of the watch which could have been worth a fair deal of money on its own
    I agree with you Dave, its a shame they have destroyed the watch.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Very common item for sale i'm afraid and as Ade says a fantasy peice.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

If it wasn't in such beaten condition, I would have suggested having the dial refinished and keeping it for a nice vintage wind watch. The Swiss made 17 Jewel Incabloc movement was an Excellent timekeeper. The case,too,if it had been better, looks to have been a decent watch with a stated waterproof housing. I don't particularly like the-what is apparently a- radioactive Radium dial and hands,though! lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

where do they get those little decals?

Gentlemen....any Jeweller worth his salt could remove those decals, then it would be a rather smart vintage wrist watch ! I like to think that any discerning soldat would of been wearing this rather nice "Junghans" Boden civilian model of 1938 vintage, which I wear on occasions, it keeps bloody good time as well, better than some of its contempories !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wrist watch  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

You cant beat a wind up watch of good quality