Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Statuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info on

Article about: My father returned from Europe in '44 with several items; one of them a cast metal statuette of an infantry rifleman in a standing/firing pose. From the plate attached it seems to be a "

Default Statuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info on

My father returned from Europe in '44 with several items; one of them a cast metal statuette of an infantry rifleman in a standing/firing pose. From the plate attached it seems to be a "naming-day" gift. It is similar in sculpt to a grenadier and cavalryman I have seen posted here and on e-Bay. I am looking for any information someone might have on this piece.Statuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info onStatuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info onStatuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info onStatuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info onStatuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info onStatuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Statuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info on
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Statuette of German Infantryman (pre-1940) seeking info on

Nice item although it is strange to have the dedication plaque attached to the rear of the trophy - it was awarded for the individuals name day as noted - in germany first names have particular days of the year that they are celebrated i.e in this case its Paul which is celebrated on the 29th of june along with Peter etc.

Check out this posting ; https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...trophies-3792/

Hope this helps

Horst
    Last edited by Horst; 10-18-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks for sharing I always enjoy seeing stuff like this, its a nice original piece. Cheers, Robert

I do not trust 99% of 'similar' statuettes/busts on ebay as being original.

Good pieces with known provenance are rather scarce.
    Regards,

Steve.